Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

The given key was not present in the dictionary

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> The given key was not present in the dictionary Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The given key was not present in the dictionary - 8/29/2016 2:35:36 PM   
dquilts

I had a very old version of the Print Shop (Print Shop 20), and loved it. But I thought it was time to upgrade, so took the jump and got The Print Shop 4.0 Professional. However I've been very disapointed in getting my labels and custom projects built with it.

In the old version I could find tons of Avery Labels already coded in the software. This version has hardly any.

Which would be fine, but when I go to create my own custom paper stock, I always get the error "The given key was not present in the dictionary". This is really annoying.

The current stock I"m trying to create is Avery Shipping Labels 8663.

Below is what I entered for custom stock:

I've tried over and over, even closing out the program completely and starting fresh. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

dee

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: The given key was not present in the dictionary - 8/29/2016 3:27:30 PM   
ellengard

You are doing everything correctly. It's a Win 10 issue. Tech support can help you fix this:
http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/tech_support_frm.aspx?product_id=3781

The Custom Paper Stock maker has always worked well in Win 7 which is what I have. Others have posted your question, gotten a fix from Tech Support, but have never shared the solution on this forum. If they had, I could have directed you to it.

(in reply to dquilts)
Post #: 2
RE: The given key was not present in the dictionary - 8/29/2016 3:34:15 PM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: dquilts

I had a very old version of the Print Shop (Print Shop 20), and loved it. But I thought it was time to upgrade, so took the jump and got The Print Shop 4.0 Professional. However I've been very disapointed in getting my labels and custom projects built with it.

In the old version I could find tons of Avery Labels already coded in the software. This version has hardly any.

Which would be fine, but when I go to create my own custom paper stock, I always get the error "The given key was not present in the dictionary". This is really annoying.

The current stock I"m trying to create is Avery Shipping Labels 8663.

Below is what I entered for custom stock:

I've tried over and over, even closing out the program completely and starting fresh. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

dee

Please contact our Technical Support department for a solution. We have something that will address this issue.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to dquilts)
Post #: 3
RE: The given key was not present in the dictionary - 8/29/2016 4:02:51 PM   
dquilts

Thanks! I"ll do that.

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 4
RE: The given key was not present in the dictionary - 8/31/2016 5:49:03 PM   
dquilts

Ellengard, TMLFAN4LIFE,

I wrote to tech support and they provided a whole new version of Print Shop that fixes the problem. I have windows 7 also, but my original didn't work. The updated version I downloaded and installed today does work.

Thank you for the help and suggestions.

(in reply to dquilts)
Post #: 5
RE: The given key was not present in the dictionary - 8/31/2016 8:59:48 PM   
ellengard

Hi, dquilts,

I'm so glad tech support took care of the problem. Thanks for reporting back

(in reply to dquilts)
Post #: 6
RE: The given key was not present in the dictionary - 11/21/2017 5:45:54 PM   
oirn@aol.com

have same problem as everyone else and can't reach anyone in technical support.... someone help with this product or suggest a better one and refund my money.. gives error : the key not present in the dictionary when trying to create a lable

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> The given key was not present in the dictionary Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4