Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

index card printing

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> index card printing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
index card printing - 9/1/2016 2:43:41 PM   
cjgillam

I am trying to create an index card with a paper that is 5.5" wide and 3.75" tall. It is being used for a baby shower invitation. I always do a test print page before actually printing on the paper being used. After I create the invitation and try to print, the invitation prints in the middle of the 8.5" x 11" page. I have tried multiple was to print this and either I get that there is a page size mismatch or it prints in the wrong place. I have used the Print Shop 12 version before. Can someone help me figure out what I am doing wrong? By the way I hate this version of Print Shop
Post #: 1
RE: index card printing - 9/1/2016 5:34:27 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: cjgillam
I am trying to create an index card with a paper that is 5.5" wide and 3.75" tall... the invitation prints in the middle of the 8.5" x 11" page.

Do you want to print multiple cards on on sheet of letter size card stock? i.e. four per page, which is accomplished with a custom size label project.

Or do you have pre-cut little cards that you want to print onto? i.e. you need to set your printer for 3.75 x 5.5 paper, if your printer will take that size.

(in reply to cjgillam)
Post #: 2
RE: index card printing - 9/2/2016 12:50:23 PM   
cjgillam

I believe I have done that. I have gone to the printer and selected print server properties and created a new form. However when I choose to print the notecard, I don't have that size choice. Is there a way you can walk me through the process?

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: index card printing - 9/2/2016 1:14:36 PM   
ellengard

Please confirm... you are using pre-cut card stock 3.75 x 5.5?

What is your printer? Does it provide this size of paper in its list of paper stock options? If not, does it allow you to make and save a custom size stock? Can you upload a screen capture showing this stock size in the paper options?

To test that your printer can print onto index card, open Notepad, type some words, then go to print and select index card size. See if those words print onto scrap paper, cut to index card size. (No need to waste good card stock.) If it works in Notepad, it should work in all programs, and I can help you with doing it in Print Shop.

(in reply to cjgillam)
Post #: 4
RE: index card printing - 9/2/2016 2:12:13 PM   
cjgillam

Yes. I am using pre-cut card stock. I have a HP Officejet Pro 8620. I had to add a new form under print server properties.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: index card printing - 9/2/2016 2:14:31 PM   
cjgillam

Here is screen shot of new form added

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 6
RE: index card printing - 9/3/2016 2:33:13 AM   
ellengard

quote:

Here is screen shot of new form added

You uploaded a tiny picture so I can't see if your new paper size is displaying on the Paper Size drop down list as described on:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03890386

In the Print window, click Preferences, Properties, or Printer Properties.
Click the Paper/Quality tab.
If Paper Size displays, select the new custom paper size in the Paper Size drop-down menu.
If Paper Size does not display, click Advanced, and then select the new custom paper size in the Paper Size drop-down menu.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 9/3/2016 2:38:04 AM >

(in reply to cjgillam)
Post #: 7
RE: index card printing - 9/6/2016 9:01:42 AM   
cjgillam

Dumb question, but does the project need to be the same size I am printing? I am unable to create a project the size I need. (3.75 x 5.5)

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 8
RE: index card printing - 9/6/2016 2:11:02 PM   
cjgillam

I finally figured it out. I had to set to print portrait and turn my whole design to view bottom to top. If that makes any sense.

(in reply to cjgillam)
Post #: 9
RE: index card printing - 9/6/2016 2:49:12 PM   
ellengard

Glad you got it figured out. Generally, yes, the project size and paper size need to match, except when you are rescaling or tiling.

Some printers insist that custom papers be defined in portrait mode where length is the long side, width is the short side. Then you create your project as landscape, if needed.

(in reply to cjgillam)
Post #: 10
RE: index card printing - 9/6/2016 2:56:53 PM   
ellengard

quote:

I am unable to create a project the size I need. (3.75 x 5.5)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to cjgillam)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> index card printing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4