Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 9/26/2016 6:51:26 PM   
Teffie

Yes, it's shameful to admit that I just finally did the upgrade from Windows 8 to 8.1, but that's because the last few times i tried it froze my system, so... I was a bit uneasy about it.

However, now that I have been successful, I find that my Print Shop 3.0 product will not load/open so that I cannot get access to the 3 years worth of presentations that I created for my clients.

Is there some sort of patch or update that can get me past this? I have tried to go to the Encore/Broderbund tech support site and it is a ridiculous loop of articles to so frustrate one that they give up and tear their hair out rather than get help from an actual, qualified human being who can assist in getting things back in order.

Now, when I first installed this product on my system from the CD I purchased in the store, I had a problem with the fonts NOT loading and they had to send me a separate font program to fix the problem, but that worked as a fix and I had no problem with that.

My real problem is that the program will NOT open and I kinda need access to my business files saved in there.

Can anyone help me find some answer to this problem? Has anyone else experienced this?

I can't be the only one... right?
Post #: 1
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 9/27/2016 12:18:44 AM   
JasonC

Sorry to hear you are frustrated. Print Shop 3.0 is such an old program that we don't offer live or email assistance for it anymore.

Which version do you have? I checked on our Professional and Deluxe articles and there appears to be two patches:

Pro: http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/kb.aspx?kb_id=1555&product_id=2827

Deluxe: http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/kb.aspx?kb_id=1555&product_id=2826

If you have the Standard version of the program there does not appear to be any patch program.

Print Shop 3.0 is the building foundation for 3.5 so it should install and function for the most part, but when Microsoft releases updates, it might break it. I wish there was more I can do to help but it's such an old program that it's not 100% guaranteed to work nor it was designed for it.

You may find you will have better luck with Print Shop 3.5 if you can find a copy of it, because you can open those files from Print Shop 3.0

We don't sell it anymore but you may be able to find it on popular online auction sites.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to Teffie)
Post #: 2
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 9/27/2016 12:20:50 AM   
ellengard

The support site knowledgebase for 3.0 is here:
http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/product_detail.aspx?product_id=2826

Check to see if any articles pertain to your situation. Unfortunately 3.0 is no longer supported so you can't submit a tech support ticket.

I don't have 3.0. I can only suggest that you completely uninstall the program. Then hunt through the App Data folder to find any stray Print Shop files and manually delete them. Then reinstall the program. You'll also need to install the update if your version is only 3.0.0 or 3.0.3.

The link to download this update can be found in the 3.0 knowledgebase.

(in reply to Teffie)
Post #: 3
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 9/28/2016 6:56:22 PM   
Teffie

If I find a copy of Print Shop 3.5 Deluxe, will that be able to access the documents that I had created in the Print Shop 3.0 Standard? I found a new TPS 3.5 Deluxe but I wanted to make sure that it would allow me to access my old documents and ALSO be able to load now that I have Windows 8.1.

Can you let me know if this would work in both cases? Thank you!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 4
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 9/28/2016 6:58:43 PM   
Teffie

Thanks, ellengard. I found that my product is the version 3.0 Standard which means that the patch won't do a bit of good in my case. I have sourced out a copy of TPS 3.5 Deluxe and I hope that it will allow me to access my projects from my older version and also will load EVERYTHING to the new Windows 8.1 because when I originally purchased my product the fonts wouldn't load and Encore had to send me a separate product to get me the fonts that I couldn't access when the program loaded.

Thank you again for your help and input!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 9/28/2016 10:05:18 PM   
JasonC

That is correct. PS 3.5 will open up your PS 3.0 files.

And Print Shop 3.5 has been tested to work with Windows 8.1 and 10.

< Message edited by TMLFAN4LIFE -- 9/28/2016 10:06:06 PM >

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to Teffie)
Post #: 6
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 9/28/2016 10:17:56 PM   
Teffie

Thanks, TMLFAN! I managed to find a brand new product for $15 so I grabbed it after reading your note. Yahoooo!

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 7
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 9/28/2016 11:59:18 PM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: Teffie

Thanks, TMLFAN! I managed to find a brand new product for $15 so I grabbed it after reading your note. Yahoooo!

You're welcome, let us know how you like it, and as always feel free to post here whenever you have a question about how to use the product

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to Teffie)
Post #: 8
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 9/29/2016 12:36:26 AM   
ellengard

quote:

I managed to find a brand new product for $15 so I grabbed it after reading your note. Yahoooo!

I'm glad you found it at a discounted price. I think you'll like 3.5 better than 3.0. You will need to update to 3.5.5.

To update The Print Shop 3.5, see the instructions at:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=51305

< Message edited by ellengard -- 9/29/2016 12:39:51 AM >

(in reply to Teffie)
Post #: 9
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 10/16/2016 4:54:05 AM   
Teffie

@ellengard

Is this why I can't access any of the templates or any of the new fonts don't seem to have been loaded when I installed the 3.5 Deluxe product?

Any time I attempt to look at the templates or clip art, I get sent to Broderbund where they try to sell me templates and art that, from what I gathered from reading the product box and from previous experiences were part of the product I just bought and installed.

I am really very disappointed in TPS at this point, and very frustrated.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 10
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 10/16/2016 12:46:18 PM   
JasonC

quote:

@ellengard

Is this why I can't access any of the templates or any of the new fonts don't seem to have been loaded when I installed the 3.5 Deluxe product?

Any time I attempt to look at the templates or clip art, I get sent to Broderbund where they try to sell me templates and art that, from what I gathered from reading the product box and from previous experiences were part of the product I just bought and installed.

I am really very disappointed in TPS at this point, and very frustrated.

You may have skipped a step

See this link for more information: http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=51305

If it don't work, go to C:\Program Files x86\The Print Shop 3.5 folder and double click on WyUpdate to begin the update process.

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to Teffie)
Post #: 11
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 10/16/2016 3:50:54 PM   
ellengard

quote:

@ellengard

Yes, I was serious about that update.

(in reply to Teffie)
Post #: 12
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 10/16/2016 8:07:51 PM   
Teffie

Okay, I managed to find the way to toggle the update, thank you! I was able to access the business card templates but I think I will try my hand at creating my own ( and I have hope that I will have all of my new fonts available now, too!

Now I have a really dumb question:

Is there a way that I can change the color of a piece of clip art to fit into my color scheme if I want to design my own business cards/letterhead?

And thank you BOTH for your input!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 13
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 10/16/2016 8:47:20 PM   
JasonC

If you move your mouse pointer over an image you'll notice wording on the images that says "Actions" and it's a button. If you click that, you can save and edit a copy of the clip art.

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to Teffie)
Post #: 14
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 10/16/2016 9:15:38 PM   
Teffie

Hi, TMLFAN, I tried that, and it saved it to my new document, but it won't allow me to use the image editor.

I saved a black piece of clip art and I want to turn it lemon yellow and then take the opacity to maybe 20%, and I used to be able to do that waaaaaaaay back before I had upgraded to The Print Shop 3.0 on my laptop, which was what caused me to go through this journey of getting the new product and now updating it.

This doesn't seem to want to allow me to do anything but change the opacity on the black and white clip art. Am I missing something on the task/tool bar perhaps?

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 15
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 10/16/2016 11:12:22 PM   
ellengard

quote:

... change the color of a piece of clip art...

From the Clipart Gallery, selecting Edit A Copy... automatically opens the Image Editor for the clipart. Go to Effects for different coloring options. Unfortunately, there is no way to swap a specific color for another specific color. The way I recolor is to use a stand-alone photo-editor such as Photoshop Elements, using a layer mask. Even with a sophisticated photo-editor, using a recolor filter won't work on black images, which is why a mask layer is preferable.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 10/16/2016 11:18:36 PM >

(in reply to Teffie)
Post #: 16
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 10/16/2016 11:19:03 PM   
JasonC

In addition to what Ellengard had provided with the image editor, keep in mind that while Deluxe does not have certain features that are in the Pro version. Freehand Crop is a big one that's not in the Deluxe Version among other things.

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 17
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 10/17/2016 12:03:10 AM   
Teffie

I have only 4 options when I'm in the clip art actions section and edit the image is not one of them. In fact, there is nothing there that offers any editing features at all.

I guess I'll just have to make do and try creating something on my own to suffice.

Thanks for all the help!

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 18
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 10/17/2016 1:06:45 PM   
ellengard

Clipart added to a project can be edited with the Image Editor. Select the clipart, then click the Image Editor button. Deluxe won't have all the features shown in my screen snips. However, for the color change you described, it's best done with another photo-editing program, anyway.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Teffie)
Post #: 19
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 10/17/2016 7:32:23 PM   
Teffie

@ellengard I don't have any editing options whatsoever.

I'm gonna have to get creative, which, basically, is what I have the program for to begin with, so it's just forcing me to dig in and do something unique and original.

Thank you for the advice, though!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4