Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 10/17/2016 9:11:29 PM   
ellengard

No editing options? Hmm... maybe the image you've selected is a vector graphic. The Image Editor is available for raster graphics such as PNG and JPG.

If you'd like to post the name of the clipart, I can find it in The Print Shop and change it to a bright yellow for you using Photoshop Elements.

(in reply to Teffie)
Post #: 21
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 11/20/2016 6:56:30 AM   
Teffie

I just gave up on it and came up with something I created myself, but now I have been unable to figure out how I can open up a project in my TPS 3.0 and then save it in my upgraded TPS 3.5 which allows me to save projects at a much higher resolution/dpi.

Is there a way to do that? Find the document from the other program and then save it in the new updated one to work on it and fine tune it as needed in the new program?

Any insights would be appreciated! Thank you!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 22
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 11/20/2016 1:25:12 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Teffie
... how I can open up a project in my TPS 3.0 and then save it in my upgraded TPS 3.5 which allows me to save projects at a much higher resolution/dpi.

I think you mean, how to open a 3.0 project in 3.5, where it can be edited and resaved. This is my screen snip from 4.0, but you will see the same "Open The Print Shop 3.0 Project" command.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 11/20/2016 1:29:17 PM >

(in reply to Teffie)
Post #: 23
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 11/20/2016 6:36:51 PM   
Teffie

I was able to find that and open up the documents from the 3.0 and I can work on it in the 3.5, but the problem is that it seems to SAVE the updated document in the 3.0 instead of 3.5.

And if I copy to save something from the previous to the new version, it won't let me copy and paste.

I guess I should just count my blessings that I can access the old documents i've created!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 24
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 11/20/2016 7:44:31 PM   
ellengard

quote:

...open up the documents from the 3.0 and I can work on it in the 3.5, but the problem is that it seems to SAVE the updated document in the 3.0 instead of 3.5.

Do a Save As...

quote:

And if I copy to save something from the previous to the new version, it won't let me copy and paste.

You cannot copy/paste between program 1 and program 2.

Simply open old projects in 3.5, edit/save as... Later you can delete all your old 3.0 projects.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 11/20/2016 7:46:55 PM >

(in reply to Teffie)
Post #: 25
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 11/20/2016 8:23:17 PM   
Teffie

Thanks, Ellen! I swear to you that I did that exact thing and it did NOT save the document into the 3.5 version, yet when I just went in to do it again, it saved it. VERY weird... and has nothing to do with user error, huh-uh, no way...

Thank you again for the help. I'm so afraid that I'll mess something up that I'm particularly tentative when it comes to 'futzing' with the projects and documents I've created.

So excited! Now it's time to make some REALLY sharp looking invoices for my business!!!!!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 26
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 11/21/2016 2:47:43 AM   
ellengard

You're welcome! What kind of business do you have? Have you used The Print Shop to make business cards, brochures, business stationery, etc?

(in reply to Teffie)
Post #: 27
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 11/21/2016 8:53:15 AM   
JasonC

A happy ending

As a general rule I do make backups now and then of the documents folder in case things go wrong. I find Google Drive easy to backup my project files but watch out, these files do add up quickly and eventually you may find yourself not able to email if the drive gets full

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to Teffie)
Post #: 28
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 12/5/2016 12:28:14 PM   
Teffie

@ellengard

I used to use the old Print Shop that I had when I first started my business to create my letterhead and business cards that I printed up myself to stay within my shoestring budget.

Unfortunately, the logo I used to create my company letterhead no longer exists in the online archives that are now what we are supposed to use.

Plus, I have found myself entirely unable to copy and past jpeg and other images from emails or even on my vendor websites to insert them into my Print Shop documents as I was able to previously do to create client flyers for special promotions.

It simply will not capture the images to be copied and pasted into the page and it is entirely frustrating.

I used to love the versatility when I would go in and play around in my Print Shop program, but now no matter what I try to do, all I run into is dead ends and a silent 'Nope, you can't do that! Try again!'

I guess I should count my blessings that I am able to get access to the things I did in the older version of Print Shop and stop thinking that I can do something more impressive now since it doesn't seem to be user friendly for those of us who really don't know much about computers.

Kinda frustrated, disappointed and bummed, but as I said, grateful that I can at least get access to my old projects.

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 29
RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 - 12/5/2016 2:07:31 PM   
ellengard

quote:

Unfortunately, the logo I used to create my company letterhead no longer exists in the online archives that are now what we are supposed to use.

Things like logos should be exported to standard image formats such as JPG, so that they are available forever and useable in all programs. Don't blame Print Shop. Same thing would occur no matter what old program you used back in the day. I used to use MicroSoft Picture It. Nothing will open those old projects now, but anything I wanted to carry on with, I exported as JPG.

quote:

I have found myself entirely unable to copy and past jpeg and other images from emails or even on my vendor websites to insert them into my Print Shop documents as I was able to previously do to create client flyers for special promotions.

Try again. It works. You can copy/paste into The Print Shop. You just can't copy/paste out of it. Tip: Ctrl-v is paste.

You can also save an image from emails and websites. Then simply drag the file onto the project page.

This program can do more than you give it credit for. It may be different than what you're used to, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. Check out the blog posts to see a lot of tips and techniques for using Print Shop 3.5 and 4.0. See my blogger link below.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 12/5/2016 2:09:15 PM >

(in reply to Teffie)
Post #: 30
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0 >> RE: TPS 3.0 Will No Longer Load or Open in Windows 8.1 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4