Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

cropping

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> cropping Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
cropping - 12/12/2016 5:39:38 PM   
algerdidas

After usinf image editor, positionning , if I use the crop button The print Shop close immediatly. Why?
Post #: 1
RE: cropping - 12/12/2016 6:24:53 PM   
ellengard

If this is happening with every photo you've tried, then your installation may be corrupt and/or you don't have the update installed.

If your photo is massive, say over 25 megapixels, editing this could crash the program. A simple workaround is to open your massive photo in MS Paint, crop it and resize to around 3000x2400 pixels which makes for a good 10"x8" print.

Save under a new name or else you will overwrite your original photo.

Use this edited JPG in Print Shop.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 12/12/2016 6:30:05 PM >

(in reply to algerdidas)
Post #: 2
RE: cropping - 12/12/2016 9:22:18 PM   
algerdidas

Thanks Ellengard, I checked my picture is not too big. I have worked those picture with Photoshop & it open corecctly but PS7.0 is more advanced. So I bought Printshop. As soon that I press crop, Print Shop tell me that I have unsaved project. Either I save it or no. Print Shop shut down. What is wrong.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: cropping - 12/12/2016 10:11:41 PM   
ellengard

Did you install the update?

(in reply to algerdidas)
Post #: 4
RE: cropping - 12/13/2016 8:48:59 AM   
algerdidas

I bought the Print Shop & install it. What update are you talking about??????

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: cropping - 12/13/2016 10:57:33 AM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: algerdidas

I bought the Print Shop & install it. What update are you talking about??????

Please clarify the version you are using. We're assuming you have The Print Shop 3.5 since you are posting in these forums.

If you have The Print Shop 3.5, you can't use the program to its full potential without version 3.5.5

If you have version 4.0, there was a patch for version 4.01 just recently release.

You should check to make sure that you have the latest update regardless.

If you're encountering technical issues with the program, our email support team can offer you assistance in order to troubleshoot your installation.

These forums are primarily for how to questions and don't provide technical assistance.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to algerdidas)
Post #: 6
RE: cropping - 12/13/2016 12:17:06 PM   
algerdidas

I bought Print Shop Deluxe 3.5 I bought it on Amazon & there was not mention of update for 3.5 If so will I have to buy the version 3.5.5

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 7
RE: cropping - 12/13/2016 12:21:53 PM   
JasonC

quote:

I bought Print Shop Deluxe 3.5 I bought it on Amazon & there was not mention of update for 3.5 If so will I have to buy the version 3.5.5

The patch update is free: http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/kb.aspx?kb_id=2029&product_id=3256

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to algerdidas)
Post #: 8
RE: cropping - 12/13/2016 5:47:23 PM   
confuzzled

quote:

For future reference, anytime you buy software there could be updates available to make it run better. (Kind of like all those windows updates you get all the time) They're almost always free, and they change the number of the software version. In this case 3.5 to 3.5.5.
ANYTIME you install a new program, you can usually look in the about, or help area drop down menu within the program to check for updates. It should be the first thing you do after an installation.

Confuzzled, and always waiting patiently

(in reply to algerdidas)
Post #: 9
RE: cropping - 12/15/2016 10:29:36 AM   
algerdidas

Thanks to all of you.
I did install the update ( 2) & a tech did but still the crop does'nt work. I don't know much about computer & sofware. I am a painter (watercolor) I
Before my computer update. I have used an PrintShop old version & it was excellent. It was difficult to find the words because I am french-speaking, but you did work with & understand my problem. Thanks again.

(in reply to confuzzled)
Post #: 10
RE: cropping - 12/15/2016 4:42:21 PM   
ellengard

I am very sorry to hear that even with the update, using the crop tool shuts down the program. Do I understand that correctly?

If you find that other image editing tools are also shutting down your program, then I strongly suspect a corrupted installation. If the problem is only the crop tool, I don't know what would cause that. Jason who is more technically knowledgeable, may have some ideas.

It does sound like you will need to submit a tech support ticket which you can do here:
http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/tech_support_frm.aspx?product_id=3256

In the meantime, you can do cropping in either Photoshop or MS Paint and save the edited version to be used in The Print Shop to make your cards, labels, etc.

(in reply to algerdidas)
Post #: 11
RE: cropping - 12/15/2016 8:30:03 PM   
algerdidas

This is exactly what happen, only using the crop tool. In meantime, I crop with Photoshop or MS Paint.
Thanks , Michele

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 12
RE: cropping - 12/15/2016 11:30:17 PM   
JasonC

If you could send me a saved file with the image in the project (PsProj file) I can test it on my end and see if the crop tool crashes on PS 4.0 with your project.

I'm going to send you an email through the forums system. Simply reply back to my email with the attachment so I can take a look at it.

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to algerdidas)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> cropping Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4