Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

text print is blurry

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> text print is blurry Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
text print is blurry - 11/19/2016 11:22:37 AM   
antoniettek

I've used Print Shop for many years. Now I've got a PC with Windows 10, and Print Shop 3.5 running on it. The problem I am having is that the text looks fine on the screen, but is printing blurry . I've tried adjusting printer settings, I've tried another Printer, and nothing seems to help.
Post #: 1
RE: text print is blurry - 11/19/2016 3:24:06 PM   
ellengard

You've changed your operating system and you're using a different Print Shop? Have you updated your printer drivers to complement this?

(in reply to antoniettek)
Post #: 2
RE: text print is blurry - 11/19/2016 4:12:19 PM   
confuzzled

If new printer drivers don't cure the problem. .....
What printer are you using? Also, check your print quality choices for paper type too. Mine did that, and I had it on draft while I was testing and forgot to put it back to normal. Are you almost out of ink? Is your paper secure as it goes thru the printer and not making any little "wiggles" in the feed?

Edit: also, how is the printout in another program, like word, or just printing an Internet page?

< Message edited by confuzzled -- 11/19/2016 4:15:35 PM >

Confuzzled, and always waiting patiently

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: text print is blurry - 11/19/2016 9:08:49 PM   
confuzzled

Another thought...... when you installed 3.5 on your Windows 10 system, did you do the updates to version 3.5.5?

Post #: 4
RE: text print is blurry - 11/20/2016 1:50:47 PM   
ellengard

I'm so glad to see you around, Teri! You have v3.5.5 running on Win 10, and text is printing fine, right? I've never had a problem with the text printing blurry on any of The Print Shop versions, but on the older v3.0, the images printed blurry. That's all been fixed in the later versions.

(in reply to confuzzled)
Post #: 5
RE: text print is blurry - 11/22/2016 7:54:16 PM   
antoniettek

Ok, I had 3.5 on my old computer. Got a new computer, installed the software. Looked for update, said I was running the latest update. Printing was blurry, you can read it, but it's terrible. Got a new printer, a Brother MFCL2707. Thought that was the problem, labels still print blurry. The only time it works fine is if I print as a jpg, but it doesn't print a full sheet, only 4 out of 10 labels. If I try to save as a PDF I get an error code 30. I've tried with older print cartidges, and new print cartridges. I've replaced the drum. I'm totally stuck and have no idea what to do other than scrap the whole thing.

oh and the printer is great in every other program except this one. ugh

thanks for any help !

< Message edited by antoniettek -- 11/22/2016 7:55:49 PM >

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 6
RE: text print is blurry - 11/22/2016 8:25:43 PM   
ellengard

I feel your frustration. If you feel comfortable about emailing me your project, I can try to see how it prints at my end. I just sent an email to the address you registered with, so you can reply with an attachment, if you wish to do so.

Edited: The forum email system doesn't seem to be working right now. Please click member's name to view profile and email address.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 11/22/2016 11:54:24 PM >

Post #: 7
RE: text print is blurry - 11/28/2016 10:22:24 PM   
antoniettek

Can you resend me that email? sorry for the delay, I fell down the basement stairs and fractured my pelvis...this definately has not been a great week, thanks!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 8
RE: text print is blurry - 11/28/2016 10:38:21 PM   
ellengard

The forum email system doesn't seem to be working right now. Please view my profile and email address here http://forums.encoreusa.com/showProfile.asp?memid=9017

You will see my email address. Send your file my address. I don't post it here because it will get picked up by spammers.

So sorry about your accident! Hope you are feeling better every day.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 11/28/2016 10:39:09 PM >

Post #: 9
RE: text print is blurry - 12/13/2016 5:51:41 PM   
confuzzled

quote:

ORIGINAL: ellengard

I'm so glad to see you around, Teri! You have v3.5.5 running on Win 10, and text is printing fine, right? I've never had a problem with the text printing blurry on any of The Print Shop versions, but on the older v3.0, the images printed blurry. That's all been fixed in the later versions.

Yes, that is correct, though I haven't done any labels. I use mm and print directly to envelopes.

antoniettek, hope you're feeling some better. BTDT, and it truly was no fun, especially since they didn't find my pelvic break til almost a year after the fact. (Had so many other things broken at the same time, they missed it)

< Message edited by confuzzled -- 12/13/2016 5:54:34 PM >

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> text print is blurry Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4