Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

print layout in Printmaster

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 7.0 (released 2015) >> print layout in Printmaster Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
print layout in Printmaster - 5/16/2017 12:53:38 PM   
RoyS

I am trying to print a card 5.5" wide by 4.25" high. I have setup as a custom project/custom size/5.5w by 4.25h. On the screen I have the checkerboard background. I have setup the text boxes with the text I want on this background. When I print I have various options on page layout. I cannot get the text to print correctly on the paper. It prints above the paper and only the bottom few lines of text actually appear at the top of the paper. How do I get the text to print on the paper as I see it on the screen?? Thanks to anyone who can help me! The manufacturer of this product has zero technical support.
Post #: 1
RE: print layout in Printmaster - 5/16/2017 1:59:00 PM   
JasonC

Hello Roy,

Thank you for posting to our forums. Our products indeed do have technical support. Unfortunately, our technical support line is unable to answer questions on how to use the program. These forums are for how to questions.

In regards to your project, could you upload a screenshot to this forum? Also, how did you install the program? Have you checked for updates too?

Click on Help > Check for Updates.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to RoyS)
Post #: 2
RE: print layout in Printmaster - 5/16/2017 2:23:35 PM   
RoyS

Hello Jason
Here is a screen capture of Printmaster with my project. I will upload a scan of the 5.5x4.25 card as it is printing. Thanks for your help.

Roy S

Attachment (1)

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 3
RE: print layout in Printmaster - 5/16/2017 2:32:57 PM   
RoyS

Hi Jason
Here is the second upload. This is a scan of the actual 5.5x4.25 paper as it prints.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to RoyS)
Post #: 4
RE: print layout in Printmaster - 5/16/2017 2:37:42 PM   
JasonC

What does the preview of the printout look like before you print it?

Have you tried scale to fit?

Change the orientation to check if PrintMaster is doing something backwards in the printing process?

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to RoyS)
Post #: 5
RE: print layout in Printmaster - 5/16/2017 2:38:30 PM   
JasonC

Try to render your project as a PDF and JPG first and see how those look. If it looks correct, something is off in your printer driver settings.

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 6
RE: print layout in Printmaster - 5/16/2017 2:51:14 PM   
RoyS

Hi Jason
The project comes out fine as a Jpeg and as a PDF. So I guess my printer settings are the culprit. I will try to get them set right. Thanks for your help.

Roy

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 7
RE: print layout in Printmaster - 5/16/2017 2:54:45 PM   
RoyS

I have another question. Why do I get a red line around my text boxes sometimes? How do I remove it? It doesn't print. Just on the screen.

Thanks

(in reply to RoyS)
Post #: 8
RE: print layout in Printmaster - 5/16/2017 3:00:41 PM   
JasonC

I have not seen those red lines before. In one of the posts I mentioned, is your program up to date with the latest patch? Also are you using headlines or the text box?

< Message edited by TMLFAN4LIFE -- 5/16/2017 3:01:06 PM >

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to RoyS)
Post #: 9
RE: print layout in Printmaster - 5/16/2017 3:07:45 PM   
RoyS

The program is up to date. When I double click in a text box and adjust the text then click out of the box to adjust the position of the box, I sometimes get these red lines that are in the position of the text box. They don't print but they are annoying to visualize the project. I cannot find anything in the help files to say what they are there to indicate or how to get rid of them.

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 10
RE: print layout in Printmaster - 5/16/2017 3:10:13 PM   
RoyS

This is what they look like.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to RoyS)
Post #: 11
RE: print layout in Printmaster - 5/16/2017 5:26:53 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: RoyS
... I sometimes get these red lines that are in the position of the text box. They don't print but they are annoying to visualize the project.

Those red lines indicate text overflow. Enlarge your text box to see if there is text further down that was hidden from view. Spaces and line breaks also count as text, so you need to delete any extraneous text to eliminate the text overflow warning.

Large fonts include a certain amount of padding around the characters, so if your text box is "tight", you'll get the text overflow warning. Simply enlarge the text box to include the padding.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 5/16/2017 5:29:29 PM >

(in reply to RoyS)
Post #: 12
RE: print layout in Printmaster - 5/16/2017 5:36:44 PM   
ellengard

quote:

I am trying to print a card 5.5" wide by 4.25" high. I have setup as a custom project/custom size/5.5w by 4.25h.

Most printers have trouble printing on card stock that small. Did you purchase card stock already cut to 5.5 x 4.25? It is much easier to print onto regular 8.5 x 11 card stock, where the page is divided into four equal quandrants with guide lines.

If you want more than one card, you can group/copy/paste everything in one quadrant, into another quadrant.

This gives you four identical cards on one sheet of regular size card stock which you can cut apart after printing.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 5/16/2017 5:51:02 PM >

(in reply to RoyS)
Post #: 13
RE: print layout in Printmaster - 5/16/2017 6:06:46 PM   
RoyS

Thanks for the info. I will chk the overflow to see what causes these lines. These cards are menu cards for a wedding. I only want one card per name, so four identical cards are not going to work. Each card has a guest name with the menu they have chosen. The cards are four to a sheet but I am separating them and printing individually.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 14
RE: print layout in Printmaster - 5/16/2017 6:12:36 PM   
ellengard

quote:

I only want one card per name... Each card has a guest name with the menu they have chosen. The cards are four to a sheet but I am separating them and printing individually.

Easy solution. Design four cards per sheet. Just edit each quadrant to suit each guest.

(in reply to RoyS)
Post #: 15
RE: print layout in Printmaster - 5/16/2017 6:14:27 PM   
RoyS

Thanks again for the info on the red lines. Too bad the program doesn't have a mouse-over feature to explain the reason for them. I didn't see any explanation in the help files either.

(in reply to RoyS)
Post #: 16
RE: print layout in Printmaster - 5/16/2017 6:18:05 PM   
RoyS

I will try the 4 quadrant idea. I'm having issues with my printer printing correctly also. Saving as a PDF works so I am doing that and then printing the PDF.

(in reply to RoyS)
Post #: 17
RE: print layout in Printmaster - 5/16/2017 6:48:34 PM   
ellengard

quote:

I will try the 4 quadrant idea.

Something like this - I'm just making this up quickly as a demo.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to RoyS)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 7.0 (released 2015) >> print layout in Printmaster Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4