Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Save as PDF doesn't work

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> Save as PDF doesn't work Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Save as PDF doesn't work - 4/23/2018 1:57:27 PM   
htrimes

I tried to save my PSproj file as a pdf in order to send it to a commercial printer who can't accept the PSproj file. I got an Error message: Printer not activated, error code - 30. I was trying to SAVE not PRINT. How do I save this file as a pdf?? I am under a deadline to print this project for an organization.
Post #: 1
RE: Save as PDF doesn't work - 4/23/2018 2:06:37 PM   
ellengard

Are you clicking the Save As PDF icon under the Home Tab?

If this is not working, then for expediency, Print your project to Win 10's PDF printer. That will create your PDF.

(in reply to htrimes)
Post #: 2
RE: Save as PDF doesn't work - 4/23/2018 2:22:37 PM   
ellengard

If the Save As PDF icon isn't working and you can't print your project to a PDF writer, you can email your project file to me and I can save it as PDF and send it back to you. This may be faster than waiting on a tech solution.

(in reply to htrimes)
Post #: 3
RE: Save as PDF doesn't work - 4/23/2018 3:43:40 PM   
JasonC

For some reason, Microsoft does not like the Broderbund PDF printer on Windows 10.

The good news is that you have an easy workaround. Just click on the Print button and change your printer to Microsoft Print to PDF.

This is also located in our knowledge base here as well: http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/kb.aspx?kb_id=2035&product_id=3781

Attachment (1)

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to htrimes)
Post #: 4
RE: Save as PDF doesn't work - 7/19/2022 6:32:33 AM   
moranmc

Thanks for sharing! It's really detailed and so helpful. diggy

(in reply to htrimes)
Post #: 5
RE: Save as PDF doesn't work - 4/3/2023 9:42:42 AM   
shara123

Sometimes, the permissions on the Temp folder can cause wordle issues with saving files. To check this, right-click on the Temp folder, select Properties, and then click on the Security tab. Make sure that your user account has full control permissions.

(in reply to moranmc)
Post #: 6
RE: Save as PDF doesn't work - 6/20/2023 7:10:00 AM   
davisjohn31

The "Printer not activated, error code - 30" message typically indicates an issue with the printer Amanda The Adventurer settings on your computer. Visit the manufacturer's website for your printer model and download/install the latest drivers for your operating system. Outdated or incompatible printer drivers can cause issues.

(in reply to shara123)
Post #: 7
RE: Save as PDF doesn't work - 6/28/2023 8:48:36 AM   
tommchris7

However, encountering issues with the "Save as PDF" function can be classroom 6x frustrating and hinder productivity. This comment aims to shed light on the topic of "Save as PDF" not working and offer potential solutions to overcome this hurdle.

(in reply to davisjohn31)
Post #: 8
RE: Save as PDF doesn't work - 7/5/2023 8:04:05 AM   
Josh54

If your PDF won't save, make sure your PDF editing program is up to date. Your PDF reader or editor, like any other piece of software, requires regular upgrades. Check to see if your PDF editing software is up to date by going to the Adobe Acrobat DMV Practice Test website and downloading the most recent version.

(in reply to htrimes)
Post #: 9
RE: Save as PDF doesn't work - 11/2/2023 3:09:33 AM   
annata20

If your PDF won't save, make sure your PDF editing program is up to date. Your PDF reader or editor, like any other piece of software, suika game requires regular upgrades. Check to see if your PDF editing software is up to date by going to the Adobe Acrobat website and downloading the most recent version.

(in reply to Josh54)
Post #: 10
RE: Save as PDF doesn't work - 11/27/2023 9:26:54 AM   
tommchris7

I've followed the usual steps, selecting the "Save as PDF" option from the menu, but classroom 6x the resulting file is not in PDF format. Instead, it appears to save as another file type or fails to save altogether. This is particularly inconvenient as I often rely on the PDF format for its compatibility and ease of sharing.

(in reply to annata20)
Post #: 11
RE: Save as PDF doesn't work - 12/19/2023 6:50:37 AM   
matrixfauly

By visiting to the website for the Adobe Acrobat DMV Practice Test and downloading the most current version, you may quickly determine whether or not the PDF editing software you are using is up to date.geometry dash subzero

(in reply to tommchris7)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> Save as PDF doesn't work Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4