Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Event Categories

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Calendar Creator (2016 Release) >> Event Categories Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Event Categories - 9/14/2018 10:25:54 AM   
BanJaker

I make two different family calendars. I found I should add an Event Category for one family - Baker.
Next, when I go to start the next family - Barlow and I go under Baker Category to hit the minus button to remove the Baker entries, it asks if I am sure I want to delete the Event category. I afraid to do that because what if it really deletes it and then when I open the Baker calendar all my entries are gone.
Post #: 1
RE: Event Categories - 9/14/2018 1:51:52 PM   
ellengard

Make a copy of the file and save it on a memory stick. Use this copy to test in removing the Baker category.

(in reply to BanJaker)
Post #: 2
RE: Event Categories - 9/14/2018 3:28:57 PM   
DEJenc3

In addition to what Ellengard said, I'd advise exporting all your events to a .csv file as a precaution.

Based on the the older versions of the program, it may be possible that the Categories are managed separately from the events. You might need to add a new Category, then edit the Category when you add a new event. To print a calendar for one family or the other, see if you have the option in the print dialogue to select or deselect Categories to filter the events.

David

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Event Categories - 9/17/2018 3:25:37 PM   
BanJaker

Still struggling with creating the two separate calendars with different birthdays/anniversaries. I tried as you said to save to a flash drive, but guess what, it did delete the whole categories and not just on the flash drive, when I closed the flash drive and went back to the file on my hard drive the entire thing was gone. Thank goodness, it moved them all under "general category" so I went into each one and changed to Baker and added everything back.

It is like it changes in one master file and even though you change and rename a file, that doesn't matter. It is sooooo frustrating. When you save the file under whatever name, those events you want with that file should only be in that file not every one!

Can anyone give me some help here?

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 4
RE: Event Categories - 9/17/2018 3:46:25 PM   
BanJaker

That did not work. It deleted it as if it is on a Master File. Changed the flash drive and the file on my hard drive. Thank goodness it moved everything to "General" so I could add everything back under the Baker category.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: Event Categories - 9/17/2018 4:02:55 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: BanJaker
It is like it changes in one master file and even though you change and rename a file, that doesn't matter. It is sooooo frustrating. When you save the file under whatever name, those events you want with that file should only be in that file not every one!

I hear you and I agree. The idea that you can't start a new calendar, clean slate, is nuts.

Maybe Jason will have additional thoughts.

(in reply to BanJaker)
Post #: 6
RE: Event Categories - 9/19/2018 1:09:55 PM   
BanJaker

No, when printing there are not any selections to be made.

(in reply to BanJaker)
Post #: 7
RE: Event Categories - 9/20/2018 9:13:26 AM   
JasonC

I had to think about this very hard. In the Event list, there is a spot called "Categories"

You can create one category for each event list.

Then, on your calendar when you double click on the year to edit the Month / Year, you see a tab called "Miscellaneous" where you can turn groups on and off.

Or you can delete those events.

I agree that removing events from the calendar is not user friendly as the old software was and really needs improvement.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to BanJaker)
Post #: 8
RE: Event Categories - 9/20/2018 10:17:52 AM   
BanJaker

Jason,
Now I have a new problem. When I pull up my calendar, the view box on the right side is blank. You can see the twelve month calendar view on the left side, but to the right is blank. If I click on the next month down, then that one goes blank.
This happened to me back in March and the instruction was then to uninstall Calendar Creator and reinstall. Been off this project for a while, then computer crashed and had to restore from backup. The program was reinstalled and I didn't have that issue until yesterday. Now it is doing the blank thing again.

Yes, I have uninstalled once again and readded. Still doing it. Screen shot attached.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BanJaker)
Post #: 9
RE: Event Categories - 9/20/2018 12:21:47 PM   
JasonC

Based on my experience helping customers- the only resolution I have found is to create a new user account.

This link explains here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account

It has been known to get the program to work.

The blank calendar is a known issue but no patch solution was provided yet to fix

But the new user account trick fixes it.

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to BanJaker)
Post #: 10
RE: Event Categories - 9/20/2018 2:55:04 PM   
BanJaker

Thanks Jason. I've been looking for another calendar program, this one is just driving me nuts.

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 11
RE: Event Categories - 9/20/2018 8:02:35 PM   
ellengard

Have a look at the free Google calendar. Easy to use repeat rules, and it prints well. Makes multiple calendars. I don't think it can add pictures, but you can still use CC to make the photo page part of the wall calendar.

(in reply to BanJaker)
Post #: 12
RE: Event Categories - 9/20/2018 8:40:32 PM   
BanJaker

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give look see.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 13
RE: Event Categories - 9/21/2018 10:00:13 AM   
BanJaker

Thanks Jason, adding a new user to the computer seems to work as far as the blank month issue. However, I need to know where the program saves the events list that I created with the family data so I can share that folder and then when I log onto the other user account I can retrieve that data.

This workaround may also help with my issue on getting rid of the data from 1st family when I am ready to work on 2nd family. I can just log on as a different user. But, for this to work, I need to know where the event data folder lives. Even the extension it uses would help, then I could do a search on the computer.

This has become a challenge now, I am going to get this to work.

(in reply to BanJaker)
Post #: 14
RE: Event Categories - 9/21/2018 2:26:18 PM   
ellengard

quote:

This has become a challenge now, I am going to get this to work.

I am like that, too, a workaround diva!

(in reply to BanJaker)
Post #: 15
RE: Event Categories - 9/21/2018 6:15:56 PM   
BanJaker

Do you have any idea where the program saves the event categories? Or the extension it uses?

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 16
RE: Event Categories - 9/28/2018 5:00:48 PM   
ellengard

No, I don't have this program. I'll send a message to Jason. To make sure Jason sees your question, click the Reply button associated with his post. (assuming he has posted in the thread in which you are asking a question)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 9/28/2018 5:06:49 PM >

(in reply to BanJaker)
Post #: 17
RE: Event Categories - 9/29/2018 9:30:42 AM   
JasonC

I recall seeing something under Program Data. Maybe there is a folder named Story Rock in there.

I believe the files are in an XML format.

I'll check when I get back into the office on Monday.

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to BanJaker)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Calendar Creator (2016 Release) >> Event Categories Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4