Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Calendar

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Printmaster v8 Platinum (released 2017) >> Calendar Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Calendar - 7/6/2018 11:26:28 AM   
chicagonaz

1. The date boxes on the calendar are small. I can only use Font 8 or 9. How do I increase the box size?

2. After I type the information I want on the date, if I have other dates requiring the same information, how do I get that on the other dates without opening another text box. I was told to double click on the new date however, that brings up the Edit box in the right frame and I have to close it in order to be able to type anything (even click on the Text) to get a text box. This is so confusing. What is the simplest method of typing the same material on different dates.

3. Also, I upload this calendar to our website however, the information is sketchy as if the pixels are too large or small, but its hardly readable. What is the remedy for that?
Post #: 1
RE: Calendar - 7/6/2018 2:01:15 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: chicagonaz
...What is the simplest method of typing the same material on different dates.

I copy the text box (the object, not just words in the text box), then paste, paste, paste. This adds multiple text boxes with identical formatting. I can then position each new box on a different date and edit the words.

Unfortunately, the date cells will always be a fixed size within a one month calendar.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 11/12/2018 9:31:04 PM >

(in reply to chicagonaz)
Post #: 2
RE: Calendar - 7/6/2018 2:16:57 PM   
ellengard

quote:

...I upload this calendar to our website however, the information is sketchy as if the pixels are too large or small, but its hardly readable. What is the remedy for that?

Pixel dimensions are critical when displaying an image on a webpage. Assuming you created a JPG version of your calendar, which export image size did you use? Could you provide the link to the webpage so I can see how your calendar displays?

On the subject of website calendars, I highly recommend the free Google calendar. I use it for my church's website. You have all the room you want to describe your events which are revealed when a reader clicks on an event. As well, this calendar is TEXT, not a JPG. Text is always clear and sharp no matter how close you zoom in.

For example:
http://www.dunlopuc.ca/calendar.html

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 11/12/2018 9:22:10 PM >

(in reply to chicagonaz)
Post #: 3
RE: Calendar - 8/6/2018 4:46:55 PM   
chicagonaz

Our website is chicagonaz.com. The event calendar is clearer when smaller, but if I want it to fill the page, the text is blurry and difficult to read. I uploaded the calender 3 times, but do not see it anywhere.

(in reply to chicagonaz)
Post #: 4
RE: Calendar - 8/6/2018 8:21:57 PM   
ellengard

quote:

... The event calendar is clearer when smaller, but if I want it to fill the page, the text is blurry and difficult to read.

If you want a bigger, clearer image, you need to create a higher resolution image. Choose a larger export size.

I still think utilizing a google calendar works best on a website. Zooming in never blurs the calendar because it isn't a raster image. A google calendar has actual text, and the cells expand to fit the amount of text you wish to type in.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 11/12/2018 9:24:41 PM >

(in reply to chicagonaz)
Post #: 5
RE: Calendar - 11/12/2018 9:33:59 PM   
ellengard

I see you are still having problems with a blurry calendar:

I think you are not exporting your project at a high enough resolution. It should turn out at least this sharp:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to chicagonaz)
Post #: 6
RE: Calendar - 11/13/2018 12:07:36 PM   
chicagonaz

When I bring up my existing calendar project and I click on the calendar icon, and choose the new month I want, it puts me the new month calendar on top of the previous month calendar.
Question. How do I get rid of the previous month and just have the new month I chose? I'm trying not to have to retype the menu every month.

This program is no where as friendly as Broderbund.

Also, my calendar I upload is at the highest export size wise, but is there someway I can enhance the resolution when I create it in Printmaster?

(in reply to chicagonaz)
Post #: 7
RE: Calendar - 11/13/2018 1:00:50 PM   
ellengard

quote:

When I bring up my existing calendar project and I click on the calendar icon, and choose the new month I want, it puts me the new month calendar on top of the previous month calendar.
Question. How do I get rid of the previous month and just have the new month I chose? I'm trying not to have to retype the menu every month.

You forgot to select the calendar object. You must select it in order to change it.

(in reply to chicagonaz)
Post #: 8
RE: Calendar - 11/13/2018 1:20:39 PM   
chicagonaz

When I click on calendar drop down, I have a choice of month, year, remove and edit. When I click on month (in order to change the month) and then choose the month I want, it adds that text box with the new month I chose. What do I do from here in order to have the current menu items remain on the new calendar I chose, and do I spread out the new calendar over the old one, and how would I keep the items on the new calendar?

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 9
RE: Calendar - 11/13/2018 1:27:36 PM   
ellengard

quote:

my calendar I upload is at the highest export size wise, but is there someway I can enhance the resolution when I create it in Printmaster?

If you export the calendar from Printmaster at the highest resolution, then it is more than enough for web viewing. Perhaps you used the wrong compression rate? Choose highest quality. You end up with a large file size, but the result is better quality.

The problem may be that when your image is uploaded to your WordPress template, it is resampled to a great degree. The more an image is resampled, the more the degradation. (Google "image resampling") You should create an image with pixel dimensions that match the pixel dimensions in your template, then no resampling is required.

The idea is that using WordPress, a person can build a website without having to know anything about image properties and HTML code. However, it is extremely helpful to know these things, to make the most of WordPress.

(in reply to chicagonaz)
Post #: 10
RE: Calendar - 11/13/2018 1:35:21 PM   
ellengard

quote:

When I click on calendar drop down, I have a choice of month, year, remove and edit. When I click on month (in order to change the month) and then choose the month I want, it adds that text box with the new month I chose.

You are adding another calendar object to your project because you did not select the old object in order to change it. I repeat, select your old calendar object, then click the drop down and choose the new month.

(in reply to chicagonaz)
Post #: 11
RE: Calendar - 11/13/2018 3:11:55 PM   
chicagonaz

Ok. Select the "current" calendar, then choose the new one. got it. Thanks so much for your help.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 12
RE: Calendar - 11/13/2018 4:25:49 PM   
ellengard

You're welcome.

For your website, though, I can't stress how much better it would be to use Google's free online calendar. Easier to update, never blurry, the boxes automatically expand to fit your text, and it is specially suited for the internet.

(in reply to chicagonaz)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Printmaster v8 Platinum (released 2017) >> Calendar Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4