Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

resize photo in inches not pixels printshop 5

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The PrintShop 5.0] >> The Print Shop 5.0 >> resize photo in inches not pixels printshop 5 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
resize photo in inches not pixels printshop 5 - 2/15/2019 8:05:40 AM   
rugrat28

I had printshop 23 and upgraded to printshop 5 prof. I was able to resize via inches but can only find resize by pixels, is there a way to change to inches? The only way I found to resize is via the edit, is there an easier way. I hope I posted this correctly as I am new here...
Post #: 1
RE: resize photo in inches not pixels printshop 5 - 2/15/2019 1:47:13 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: rugrat28
... The only way I found to resize is via the edit, is there an easier way.

Keep in mind that "resizing" in the Image Editor is actually resampling, so you can lose pixels. Loss of pixels means lower resolution which can affect how sharp the print will be.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rugrat28)
Post #: 2
RE: resize photo in inches not pixels printshop 5 - 2/15/2019 1:49:07 PM   
ellengard

My preference is to drag the corner of my photo (hold shift to keep aspect ratio) to make it the size I want it to print. For example, using the ruler and guide lines, I dragged my photo down to the 5 inches mark.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rugrat28)
Post #: 3
RE: resize photo in inches not pixels printshop 5 - 3/23/2019 9:35:58 PM   
Lamyx

I have the same question as rugrat. When I resized my image, V 2.3 used to show you the size in inches in the bottom corner. Does 5.0 not have this feature? I have to measure each time with the ruler? I crop and size photos as part of my jewelry business and measuring "manually" each time is going to be frustrating. I just downloaded today and like many of the different features but not this.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 4
RE: resize photo in inches not pixels printshop 5 - 3/24/2019 12:02:08 AM   
lindarobin

5.0 does not have this feature. Another option to using the ruler is to add grid lines. You can turn on "snap to grid" so that precise resizing is easy.

(in reply to Lamyx)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The PrintShop 5.0] >> The Print Shop 5.0 >> resize photo in inches not pixels printshop 5 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4