Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

WYSIWYG is not true in PM8

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Printmaster v8 Platinum (released 2017) >> WYSIWYG is not true in PM8 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WYSIWYG is not true in PM8 - 8/11/2019 8:49:01 PM   
nonnox15

When trying to print half fold cards envelope, I set up my dimensions in my printer (Epson WF-3520) what I see on the computer screen is not what gets printed.
I have been able to "work around" it to some extent, but not exactly.
What is on the screen is cut off on the top and on the right edge.
I have a lot of issues with PM 6 and PM8. Tried a trial version of PM 2019 but that was worse.
I do like the PM6 & 8 Half Fold Greeting cards, (I make them frequently) where each panel is edited individually, as opposed to my PM 12 and PM 2019.
I have not found any Helps for printing that give me the information I need. Tutorials are very limited.
I don't like the PM 6 & 8 where you can only work with one project at a time. Also not being able to copy a clip art to the clip board to use else where.
I like the PM 12 and before where I can save the objects by category.
I understand new programs are different and I have to learn how to navigate in them.
That said, I would like to have a WYSIWYG when it comes to printing custom envelopes. The envelope templates available are few.
Post #: 1
RE: WYSIWYG is not true in PM8 - 8/11/2019 10:51:49 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: nonnox15
When trying to print half fold cards envelope, I set up my dimensions in my printer (Epson WF-3520) what I see on the computer screen is not what gets printed.
I have been able to "work around" it to some extent, but not exactly.
What is on the screen is cut off on the top and on the right edge...

In Page Setup, do the numbers for your four margins look correct? When I did an envelope, it printed correctly even though the preview to the left of the print settings looks very wrong. However, when I click the Preview button, I get a true preview and this is what printed for me.

(Note that this C5 envelope project is set to Actual Size, Full Page)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 8/11/2019 11:41:41 PM >

(in reply to nonnox15)
Post #: 2
RE: WYSIWYG is not true in PM8 - 8/11/2019 11:24:00 PM   
ellengard

quote:

...not being able to copy a clip art to the clip board to use else where.

I don't like this either, but when I select a clipart that I think I'd like to use again, I can click the Add to Favorites button so it's easy to re-access.

Another option is to Edit| Change Project Size/Type and save under a new name. For example, after saving a greeting card project, change its project type to a brochure and rename this project. Your brochure will have all the same clipart.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 8/11/2019 11:34:58 PM >

(in reply to nonnox15)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Printmaster v8 Platinum (released 2017) >> WYSIWYG is not true in PM8 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4