Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

No Search for Clip Art?!?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 2019] >> PrintMaster 2019 >> No Search for Clip Art?!? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No Search for Clip Art?!? - 6/20/2019 8:13:50 PM   
firesong

I just purchased Printmaster 2019, upgrading from Printmaster Platinum V6. In my previous version, I had the ability to search for clipart with key words. I don't see that option being available in Printmaster 2019. Am I correct? If so, Broderbund please add that option back in an update!!! It helped me out so much when creating my projects.
Post #: 1
RE: No Search for Clip Art?!? - 6/20/2019 10:15:46 PM   
lindarobin

I have version 8.0 which I understand is essentially the same as version 2019, so this is how to keyword search for clipart: Once you click on Add Clipart, the Category/Preview box displays. Just below the list of categories is the fill-in field where you type in your search word.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to firesong)
Post #: 2
RE: No Search for Clip Art?!? - 6/26/2019 12:49:50 PM   
JasonC

I can confirm this too. We seem to have a search elsewhere in the program but I'm not sure why this was missed.

Thanks I just let our developers know.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 3
RE: No Search for Clip Art?!? - 6/26/2019 6:43:14 PM   
firesong

Printmaster 2019 and Version 8 are not the same. I have seen a few places here in the forums where that has been mentioned, but it is not so. Printmaster 2019 does not have a search box down at the bottom of that screen. You can see from my screenshot that it is missing. So how do I find clip art related to what I am creating?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 4
RE: No Search for Clip Art?!? - 6/26/2019 6:46:07 PM   
firesong

quote:

ORIGINAL: JasonC

I can confirm this too. We seem to have a search elsewhere in the program but I'm not sure why this was missed.

Thanks I just let our developers know.

Do you know where in the program the search is then? This program is no good to me if I can't find the clip art I want to use in my publications, which is a shame because I loved my version 6 I had previously. My computer crashed and somehow my backup copy of my install file got copied over. *sigh* So here I am with the latest version, but I am finding that I'm not liking it very much.

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 5
RE: No Search for Clip Art?!? - 6/26/2019 9:00:40 PM   
JasonC

Can you submit a ticket on the support site and put ATTN Jason in the subject line and reference this post? They will assign it to me. Also did you submit a ticket on this to our support department? I want to make sure we keep track of all of your correspondence.

Also there only a search box under browse template.

So no clip art search for the time being,

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to firesong)
Post #: 6
RE: No Search for Clip Art?!? - 6/26/2019 10:34:26 PM   
firesong

I just submitted a ticket about this issue. I hope this can get fixed soon because I really am handicapped in using Printmaster. :(

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 7
RE: No Search for Clip Art?!? - 7/21/2019 9:58:50 PM   
lindarobin

I completely agree. Just got my copy of version 2019. Wasting too much time trying to find the clipart I need. So many categories and sub-categories to weed through. An obvious omission to leave out a clipart search function.

(in reply to firesong)
Post #: 8
RE: No Search for Clip Art?!? - 7/24/2019 10:23:12 PM   
sheilagw

Hi. This is changing the subject to the Text Box. I bought a new computer last week, and they deleted my former version of Print Master. Yesterday I purchased and downloaded print Master 2019. Within the text box, am I able to change the colors, size, and style of font within the text Box? I could do that on the last version, which I liked better than 2019. Also, how do I Match Color? Thanks

(in reply to firesong)
Post #: 9
RE: No Search for Clip Art?!? - 7/25/2019 11:58:27 AM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: sheilagw
... am I able to change the colors, size, and style of font within the text Box?

Yes.

quote:

how do I Match Color?

There are several color option tabs, one of which includes a color picker/ eye dropper tool so you can match the color of any object in your project.

(in reply to sheilagw)
Post #: 10
RE: No Search for Clip Art?!? - 7/26/2019 9:06:16 AM   
JasonC

An update was pushed out yesterday.

Please verify that the functionality for search is resolved and let us know of any abnormalities you see associated with the search function.

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 11
RE: No Search for Clip Art?!? - 7/31/2019 2:38:31 PM   
lindarobin

I installed the update and restarted the computer. The search box is now there, but I get no preview of the clipart, making it even more difficult to find images I'm looking for!! I checked that the clipart library itself was up and running, and IT IS because everything works fine when I run PM8.

Possibly this update works in Win 10, but not Win 7 which is what I am running.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 7/31/2019 2:48:02 PM >

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 12
RE: No Search for Clip Art?!? - 7/31/2019 7:43:07 PM   
JasonC

Let me consult with our developers and see what we are up against. We had server issues somewhat today and yesterday as well.

I'll get back to you guys and see what's up.

Sorry for the issues.

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 13
RE: No Search for Clip Art?!? - 8/5/2019 6:21:14 PM   
lindarobin

It's working now, but it takes a few extra clicks here and there to "reboot" the clipart gallery.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 14
RE: No Search for Clip Art?!? - 9/11/2019 7:48:24 PM   
JasonC

Sorry I took a long time to respond! But yes we had a few quirks here and there, give or take but the program appears to be working quite nicely right now.

Is the content server still downloading low quality content? I've mentioned this to our developers so I'm checking to see if we have this situated.

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 2019] >> PrintMaster 2019 >> No Search for Clip Art?!? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4