Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Labels

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The PrintShop 5.0] >> The Print Shop 5.0 >> Labels Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Labels - 9/24/2019 10:58:07 AM   
farverlinda

I have used print shop 23 for many years. I cannot figure out how to print labels in print shop 5. It shouldn't be this hard. When I insert merge fields they do not lay out correctly
Post #: 1
RE: Labels - 9/24/2019 12:53:39 PM   
Ashafique

There are different label sheet templates in PS 5.0. Now it is up-to you that which Avery label sheet template is your preference. If your desired Avery Label sheet template is not available in templates then you can create it by using custom functionality.

Suppose you choose 10 labels per sheet template. After creating this template those things you will put on canvas, PS 5.0 will preview and print them 10 times on a single sheet.

For more help and custom label sheet visit the below forum link:

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=54986

< Message edited by Ashafique -- 9/24/2019 1:15:18 PM >

Arbab Shafique
QA & Support Engineer
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to farverlinda)
Post #: 2
RE: Labels - 12/7/2019 4:59:49 AM   
klesmiley1

Arbab, I am also having difficulty with labels. If there are only a few labels they print fine and are formatted correctly. My project is to print address labels for everyone in my Address Book. About 90 labels.

First of all, it takes nearly an hour for the project to Render.

Second, after all that time the pages are blank. Since only one upload is allowed per message please see the following message for the result.

Message 1 of 2

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by klesmiley1 -- 12/7/2019 5:03:22 AM >

Kathy

(in reply to Ashafique)
Post #: 3
RE: Labels - 12/7/2019 5:02:32 AM   
klesmiley1

Message 2 of 2

Arbab, I am also having difficulty with labels. If there are only a few labels they print fine and are formatted correctly. My project is to print address labels for everyone in my Address Book. About 90 labels.

First of all, it takes nearly an hour for the project to Render.

Second, after all that time the pages are blank. Here is the result.

This is very disappointing because printing labels is pretty much the reason I had bought Print Shop Deluxe 5.0 in the first place. I followed the instructions you gave on how to print labels. A few work fine. Many labels do not work at all.

Thanks,

Kathy

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by klesmiley1 -- 12/7/2019 5:09:58 AM >

(in reply to Ashafique)
Post #: 4
RE: Labels - 12/7/2019 2:07:39 PM   
lindarobin

There are other people saying that trying to print more than one sheet of addresses does not work. I suggest keeping the print job limited to one sheet at a time. So if there are 30 labels per sheet, select 30 people from the address book for your mail merge. Print those, then select the next 30 people and print those. Continue until you have everyone's labels done.

I suspect this would also reduce total rendering time.

(in reply to klesmiley1)
Post #: 5
RE: Labels - 12/8/2019 10:32:52 AM   
klesmiley1

quote:

ORIGINAL: lindarobin

There are other people saying that trying to print more than one sheet of addresses does not work. I suggest keeping the print job limited to one sheet at a time. So if there are 30 labels per sheet, select 30 people from the address book for your mail merge. Print those, then select the next 30 people and print those. Continue until you have everyone's labels done.

I suspect this would also reduce total rendering time.

Come on!

Your answer is a "work-around", not a solution. If the product worked as advertised it would print the entire address book no matter how many entries.

Further, your suggestion requires keeping 3 separate address books. ADBOOK _PAGE1, ADBOOK_PAGE2, ADBOOK_PAGE3.

This isn't really acceptable. The product should be fixed to work as people want it to work.

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 6
RE: Labels - 12/8/2019 12:15:00 PM   
lindarobin

I am not an employee of Encore. I'm a user of the product like yourself. As far as I can tell, the program does not work as it should when trying to print more than one sheet of labels. You can submit a tech support ticket. Maybe there is a patch in the works or something in computer/printer settings the tech guys can figure out.

(in reply to klesmiley1)
Post #: 7
RE: Labels - 12/8/2019 12:20:21 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: klesmiley1
Further, your suggestion requires keeping 3 separate address books. ADBOOK _PAGE1, ADBOOK_PAGE2, ADBOOK_PAGE3.

No it doesn't. *One* Address Book is all you need. There are check boxes next to each name in the Address Book, so you can select which ones to print. Shift-click lets you do a multiple selection.

(in reply to klesmiley1)
Post #: 8
RE: Labels - 12/8/2019 12:27:44 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

... select 30 people from the address book for your mail merge. Print those, then select the next 30 people and print those....

For example, click on the 31st person, then shift-click the 60th person. That will select this group of 30 for your mail merge.

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 9
RE: Labels - 12/8/2019 1:02:52 PM   
klesmiley1

lindarobin,

First, let me apologize for my rather confrontational comments. That was totally uncalled for.

However, even though what you suggest about printing 30 and then start with 31 for the next page is correct the entries are not numbered so I have to count 1 - 30 and then for the next page count to 31, etc. Yeah, you'd think I would just remember that Susie Smith was the last person on the 1st page and go from there. Well...

I still have to say it is less than ideal. However, you suggested submitting a tech support ticket and I will do that. It will certainly be more productive than complaining! Again I apologize.

Also, I finally just created an Excel spreadsheet and then used Microsoft Word Mail Merge to create the labels. I am very disappointed in Print Shop Deluxe 5.0. Yes, I will say that in the support ticket as well! :)

quote:

... select 30 people from the address book for your mail merge. Print those, then select the next 30 people and print those....

For example, click on the 31st person, then shift-click the 60th person. That will select this group of 30 for your mail merge.

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 10
RE: Labels - 12/8/2019 5:00:11 PM   
lindarobin

Thanks, Kathy. I'm glad you got your labels done. I do hope they fix this problem in an update patch. Happy Holidays!

(in reply to klesmiley1)
Post #: 11
RE: Labels - 12/15/2019 8:01:40 AM   
klesmiley1

quote:

ORIGINAL: klesmiley1

quote:

Hi lindarobin,

I want to add some clarification to my previous response.

There is one Main_Address book. And there is my Christmas_List address book which has only those names to receive cards.

So I select the Christmas_List address book and then click MailMerge. What is displayed is the Main_Address book with checkmarks on the lines of those names in the Christmas_List address book.

So now it isn't quite as easy as just selecting the first 30 names. I have to count the checkmarks for the first 30. And then print that page, which does work very well.

But then I have to repeat the process and count 31 - 60 and so on. So while this works it is not very convenient.

This brings me back to having 3 address books. Christmas_List_1, Christmas_List_2, and Christmas_List_3 so when I select each one there is no longer a need to count 1-30, 31-60 and so on.

What it does mean, though, is that each year a new Christmas_List_1, Christmas_List2, and Christmas_List_3 have to be created or updated. Which seems doable.

I tried to attach a screenshot but it doesn't seem to have worked so I will attach an image in the next post.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to klesmiley1)
Post #: 12
RE: Labels - 12/15/2019 11:03:32 AM   
klesmiley1

In the previous post in the screenshot, it should show one contact per item but otherwise, it is the same.

(in reply to klesmiley1)
Post #: 13
RE: Labels - 12/15/2019 12:40:31 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

What is displayed is the Main_Address book with checkmarks on the lines of those names in the Christmas_List address book...

I see you are using the Group feature. That's great! But as you say, if the program can't handle the entire group in one print job, you are stuck with doing a workaround.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 12/15/2019 12:45:12 PM >

(in reply to klesmiley1)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The PrintShop 5.0] >> The Print Shop 5.0 >> Labels Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4