Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Support for A2 envelopes in Printmaster2019?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 2019] >> PrintMaster 2019 >> Support for A2 envelopes in Printmaster2019? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Support for A2 envelopes in Printmaster2019? - 11/2/2019 5:46:17 PM   
rockn24x7

Hello - I have recently purchased Printmaster 2019 to upgrade and run in Windows 10. I use the program with an HP Deskjet 2540 printer to make quarter-fold greeting cards. Previously, your Printmaster programs supported the A2 envelope size as a choice in printing the card. I have now noticed using this new version of PM2019, that A2 envelope has been removed as a choice. Is there any workaround or patch upgrade to add that envelope size available? If I can't use an 8x11 letter-sized piece of paper to make a quarter-fold greeting card, then the program is useless to me. I tried searching your KB, but didn't find anything relative. Thanks in advance.

- RJF
Post #: 1
RE: Support for A2 envelopes in Printmaster2019? - 11/2/2019 9:01:43 PM   
lindarobin

You can create a custom envelope:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rockn24x7)
Post #: 2
RE: Support for A2 envelopes in Printmaster2019? - 4/5/2020 3:54:25 PM   
rockn24x7

Thank you for your response to my post... sorry it took so long!

To refresh: I am using Printmaster 19, on a Win10 laptop (HP) with an HP Deskjet 2540 printer that won't print A2 envelopes.

I tried your suggestion of creating a project from scratch in order to print on the A2 size envelopes. It seemed to work.... for exactly one time! Then it seemed to not ever acknowledge the settings I put in (4.38" H and 6.50" W) for printing, along with the landscape setting as your GIF indicated. No matter what I did, including resetting the printer, etc. could get it to work again. I got so frustrated that I walked away from it... for 4 months! Tried it again today, and the same thing happened! You should know that I can perfectly print with other software, like Word or Publisher - it knows and keeps all of the settings - plus puts things in exactly the right spot that I set it at. GRRR!

UPDATE:

I also tried printing simple #10 envelopes, which the program claims to work and knows about... disaster! As you may know, the HP 2540 will NOT physically accept an envelope the width of a # 10, so you must put it in vertically to the printer right side. When I do that, it prints the address in the correct sizing (HxW), but it does it in the MIDDLE of the page, rather than what would be the envelope on the right side. Attached is a JPEG of what I am talking about for clarification. Once again, any other program I use can quickly and efficiently print up the envelope without issues.

I am disappointed at how this is turning out. I loved previous versions of Printmaster software and have been using it for years without incident... including with THIS printer. After I started using PM19, it was all downhill from there.

Any assistance you, or anyone else on this forum can provide, is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

- rockn24x7

Attachment (1)

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 3
RE: Support for A2 envelopes in Printmaster2019? - 4/5/2020 10:07:14 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: rockn24x7
...the settings I put in (4.38" H and 6.50" W)...

Please confirm your height and width dimensions. Standard convention is that the height is the larger number. Then by setting the project to landscape, the program will rotate accordingly.

p.s. I will help you the best I can although I no longer have v2019. I have replaced it with v2020.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rockn24x7)
Post #: 4
RE: Support for A2 envelopes in Printmaster2019? - 4/5/2020 10:20:37 PM   
ellengard

If there is an incompatibility between the program and the printer, my go-to workaround is to save the project as PDF. Printing a PDF using Adobe Reader's print settings always works for me.

For example, this C6 envelope as a PDF file for printing.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 4/5/2020 10:48:40 PM >

(in reply to rockn24x7)
Post #: 5
RE: Support for A2 envelopes in Printmaster2019? - 4/6/2020 2:18:56 PM   
rockn24x7

Thanks for your reply, ellengard.

Attached is an envelope graphic with the necessary numbers shown for each direction / measurement.

The dimensions I put in are for the A2 envelope size, which PM no longer supports. Because of this, I cannot make use of the purple graphic (it doesn't come up at all). My only option is to use the PRINT function, select something close to A2, and then put in the actual output dimensions. However, just for grins and giggles, I tried reversing them, but it did not make any difference.

For some reason, this software stopped supporting an A2 envelope selection sometime PRIOR to PM19, because I used to select that and all was well. Please see my reply to your later message as well.

- rockn24x7

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 6
RE: Support for A2 envelopes in Printmaster2019? - 4/6/2020 3:34:58 PM   
rockn24x7

Thanks for your reply, ellengard.

First, when you talk about saving your work to a PDF file, how are you doing it?

1) Using File -> Save As... it only lets me save it as a ".pmx" file type - cannot save as ".pdf" even manually entering it as part of the filename

2) Using the Print function within PM... Print - Print Output -> Adobe File -> filename.pdf

If #2, I then bring up the filename.pdf in Acrobat Reader, and using the Print function, try to print it. Adobe knows about an A2 envelope size and I select that - with the correct dimensions, along with the Landscape parameter. I then attemnpt to print and it comes out incorrectly, in the middle of the page - rather than on the right side where the envelope would be.

BTW, it doesn't pick up the clip art that is in the project as well as the text. When it does print, only the text shows up. Another thing I am not used to failing in this program...

I can't seem to be able to do screen grabs successfully, as it won't paste the grab onto the forum screen. I have four different screen grabs... but since this forum allows only one file at a time, look for 3 other entries after this. I couldn't get them below 200k limit even with zipping...

-rockn24x7

PS. This time the screen grab embedded correctly... this is what I desire to print out - and only the text shows up.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rockn24x7 -- 4/6/2020 3:38:43 PM >

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 7
RE: Support for A2 envelopes in Printmaster2019? - 4/6/2020 3:40:43 PM   
rockn24x7

picture 2 of 4

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rockn24x7)
Post #: 8
RE: Support for A2 envelopes in Printmaster2019? - 4/6/2020 3:42:10 PM   
rockn24x7

picture 3 of 4

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rockn24x7)
Post #: 9
RE: Support for A2 envelopes in Printmaster2019? - 4/6/2020 3:43:57 PM   
rockn24x7

picture 4 of 4

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rockn24x7)
Post #: 10
RE: Support for A2 envelopes in Printmaster2019? - 4/6/2020 5:09:29 PM   
ellengard

quote:

... I can't seem to be able to do screen grabs successfully, as it won't paste the grab onto the forum screen. I have four different screen grabs... but since this forum allows only one file at a time, look for 3 other entries after this. I couldn't get them below 200k limit even with zipping...

OK, let me help you with uploading screen grabs. (then I'll reply to different aspects of your envelope situation in individual posts).

I think most internet forums allow you to upload an image file, but not your clipboard contents from a copy/paste.

Yes, there is a 200 kb limit to any JPG/GIF posted here. It's usually adequate for screen grabs unless your monitor screen is huge. So you would have to crop and resample your image file to a more web-friendly 800 x 600 pixel size or thereabout. That being said, I need to zoom out quite a bit just to see your whole image on my screen. I couldn't tell what I was looking at when I had to scroll way over and down. I'm going to add it in again, resampled so I can see it contained within my screen.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rockn24x7)
Post #: 11
RE: Support for A2 envelopes in Printmaster2019? - 4/6/2020 5:30:51 PM   
ellengard

The main problem I see is that your printer's paper size is not set to match your project dimensions. Does your HP printer have a setting for A2 envelope? If not, does your HP printer have a custom setting where you can input the A2 dimensions?

I hope you are cutting scrap pieces of paper to the size of A2, for test printing purposes. Don't waste expensive envelopes.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 4/6/2020 5:34:51 PM >

(in reply to rockn24x7)
Post #: 12
RE: Support for A2 envelopes in Printmaster2019? - 4/6/2020 6:31:38 PM   
ellengard

quote:

First, when you talk about saving your work to a PDF file, how are you doing it?

Keeping in mind that v2020 has a slightly different interface than v2019, my description should still be fairly accurate for you.

Look for "Share" or "Export". They may be found in more than one place. You will find the option to export as JPG or PDF.

(in reply to rockn24x7)
Post #: 13
RE: Support for A2 envelopes in Printmaster2019? - 4/6/2020 6:50:26 PM   
rockn24x7

Thanks for the reply, ellengard.

Sorry about the large screen grabs... yes, I do have a large monitor. However, the only way for me to grab them was <ALT>-<Print Screen> that would stick to the forum board. I did send the JPEGs as attachments, which you should have been able to view with little changing around.

I know that this printer (HP Deskjet 2540 AiO) could do the A2 envelopes, as it was a favorite hobby of mine to create quarter-fold cards and send them to relatives for BDs, etc. That was using PM versions prior to 2019, and I think while it was still Broderbund-owned. It seems the way to do it now using PM2019 is to create scratch projects (lindarobin - http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=55018&mpage=1&key=&#) and then it would do it. However, I never had any luck with that either.

Now I am looking up on HP website for the umpteenth time about this, and I can no longer find the reference showing support for A2 envelopes. So it very well may be that has gone by the wayside. So just forget about A2.... Good thing I have only 5 of those left!

The #10 envelope doesn't work either with PM 2019. That one I *know* is supported by HP, and supposedly PM. But I will work on that more and put my post together so I don't run out of time before getting it done.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rockn24x7 -- 4/6/2020 7:15:22 PM >

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 14
RE: Support for A2 envelopes in Printmaster2019? - 4/6/2020 7:13:53 PM   
rockn24x7

UPDATE:

I also tried printing simple #10 envelopes, which the program claims to work and knows about... disaster! As you may or may not know, the HP 2540 will NOT physically accept an envelope the width (|<-->|) of a # 10, so you must put it in vertically on the printer right side. When I do that, it prints the address in the correct sizing (HxW), but it does it in the MIDDLE of the page, rather than what would be the envelope on the right side. Attached is a JPEG of what I am talking about for clarification. Once again, any other program I use can quickly and efficiently print up the envelope without issues.

- rockn24x7

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rockn24x7)
Post #: 15
RE: Support for A2 envelopes in Printmaster2019? - 4/6/2020 7:30:08 PM   
ellengard

We can get this to work, one step at a time.

Open your envelope project. Export it as PDF as I describe in post #13. Done correctly, your PDF should look like this when you open it in Adobe Reader. You should see that its page size matches your project size.

Let me know when you have done this and we can go to the next step.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rockn24x7)
Post #: 16
RE: Support for A2 envelopes in Printmaster2019? - 4/6/2020 7:36:58 PM   
ellengard

Sorry, I don't understand this image in post #15. Whatever the cause of the problem, I think it has to do with the combinations of print settings you are currently using. So let's ignore that for now and try making that PDF as I described.

(in reply to rockn24x7)
Post #: 17
RE: Support for A2 envelopes in Printmaster2019? - 4/6/2020 7:50:47 PM   
ellengard

quote:

I can perfectly print with other software, like Word or Publisher

Good to know. We then have the option of exporting the Printmaster project as JPG. This JPG can be printed from Word or Publisher's envelope template.

(in reply to rockn24x7)
Post #: 18
RE: Support for A2 envelopes in Printmaster2019? - 4/6/2020 9:17:34 PM   
ellengard

quote:

I also tried printing simple #10 envelopes...

Here is method 2 for printing a perfect envelope. (method 1 is with the PDF in post #13)

Create a #10 envelope project in Printmaster, export it as JPG. Mine looks like this. (I am showing a web-friendly version, not the high resolution one that is well over 200 kb)

Open a #10 envelope project in your Publisher program. Add the JPG to fill the workspace. You are ready to print from Publisher which works perfectly with your HP.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rockn24x7)
Post #: 19
RE: Support for A2 envelopes in Printmaster2019? - 4/7/2020 6:21:00 PM   
rockn24x7

Thank you for your reply, ellengard.

Here are the steps (and comments) of what I did so far... I attempted this with all three methods of using PM to "do" a project - ready-made projects, ready-made templates, and from scratch. Of the three, only the last one gave me any semblance of what I am trying to achieve.

1) Open Scratch project
a. Picked "Envelope" and gave it the size I wanted (5.75 x 4.3875).
b. Added the text box upper left for Return Address
c. Added the text box center right for Send To Address
d. Added a simple clip art picture in lower left corner

2) Exported to PDF via File -> Export -> PDF

3) Opened newly-created file and looked at Properties, which showed the paper size as 5.75 x 4.3875

4) Attempted to print the file. The Adobe Print function showed the output size as 6.38 x 4.49 (see atttached JPEG), which is obviously not the desired size.

5) In actually printing out the file, it DID put it in the lower right corner of the 8x11 test sheet I used... however, the individual elements as stated above were not in their right places. The Return Address was an inch too far down, the Send To Address was about an inch too far to the left, and the clip art was about an inch too far up from the bottom.

So that is the extent of what I've tested so far. Of course, I wish that I could use the two other functions besides Scratch project (for the graphics, etc.) but nothing I tried with that worked.

I await your next post to see where we go with this... thanks!

- rockn24x7

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 2019] >> PrintMaster 2019 >> Support for A2 envelopes in Printmaster2019? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4