Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

PM 2020 - "There is a temporary problem in server"

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2020 >> PM 2020 - "There is a temporary problem in server" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PM 2020 - "There is a temporary problem in server&... - 3/4/2021 12:48:22 PM   
jamison.braly

Since the support is a joke, I had to come here. I have gone back and forth with Taqi Ahmed for probably a month on this issue.
When my user uses PM 2020 and goes to add clipart to her document, she gets an error:
"There is a temporary problem in server. Try again later!"
Support keeps saying it is a firewall issue. All local firewall options are disabled.
Our network is protected by a network-wide firewall system but they have yet to tell me what port or ip address to "whitelist" on that firewall.
Disabling our network firewall is OUT of the question. our network is 28 schools.
Since Taqi Ahmed won't tell me what port ot IP address to whitelist, I am hoping someone here can help.
Thanks in advance

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: PM 2020 - "There is a temporary problem in ser... - 3/4/2021 2:54:46 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: jamison.braly
...our network is 28 schools...

This is a user-to-user support forum where we typically share advice on how to use the program's features. Technical issues are handled by the tech support. That's really unfortunate they have not been able to solve your problem.

I've been using Printmaster since 1998, practically every version up to the current, and have been active in the Printmaster forums for 15 years. Over those years, I've read posts from people who have problems whenever this program is used on a network, because Printmaster, to my knowledge, had no version that is licensed to work on a network.

Although I am not an employee of Encore, I have one contact who does work there so I will ask him about Printmaster on a network. I'll be back.

(in reply to jamison.braly)
Post #: 2
RE: PM 2020 - "There is a temporary problem in ser... - 3/4/2021 3:04:16 PM   
jamison.braly

Thanks mate

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 3
RE: PM 2020 - "There is a temporary problem in ser... - 3/6/2021 11:36:27 AM   
JasonC

Our products are intended for personal, home use only on a single computer and is not meant to function on a network. While you may be able to access certain features in a school environment, you may find technical difficulties accessing certain content. Therefore, can you please do me a favor, please send me an email to support@encore.com and I will escalate this problem to our technicians, escalate your feedback and see if we can get this fixed.

Please put Attention Jason in the subject line when you send an email to our support department.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

Post #: 4
RE: PM 2020 - "There is a temporary problem in ser... - 3/8/2021 7:12:05 AM   
jamison.braly

If they are intended for home use only, then why would the sales people not mention that when they got a PO from a place called "Westside Middle School"?
It would have saved us a lot of time.
This has gone to support.
They have been unable to help me because they refuse to tell me what IP address, domain, or firewall port to open. They just keep saying "Disable your local firewall" which has been done.
The last I heard from Taqi Ahmed was 6 days ago.
jamison.braly@wcsga.net

Can this please be escalated? At this point we would PAY for a phone call.

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 5
RE: PM 2020 - "There is a temporary problem in ser... - 3/8/2021 3:43:36 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

Please put Attention Jason in the subject line when you send an email to our support department.

If you haven't already, please do this.

I feel your frustration, but I have no authority or presence at Encore. This forum is a user-to-user community and not read by Encore employees. That is why I sent an email to the forum administrator who has responded above. I do believe that you will get help that way.

Post #: 6
RE: PM 2020 - "There is a temporary problem in ser... - 3/9/2021 12:04:29 PM   
jamison.braly

Taqi Ahmed suggested:
Please allow the following details from your Network devices or Firewall.

We did that. My network administrator could see on the firewall that my user was successfully hitting those sites without being blocked. However, the software still throws up the error message you see in my original post.
Please advise.

< Message edited by JasonC -- 8/6/2021 2:04:32 PM >

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 7
RE: PM 2020 - "There is a temporary problem in ser... - 12/7/2023 6:39:56 AM   
danielusa

It will take a short time to fix this server problem. Suika game

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2020 >> PM 2020 - "There is a temporary problem in server" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4