Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Show Timed Events

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Show Timed Events Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Show Timed Events - 6/28/2005 5:48:24 PM   
greggyboy

times don't show no matter what i do
i have already tried clicking the appropriate boxes in the calendar properties events properties areas

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 6/28/2009 5:39:59 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Show Timed Events - 6/28/2005 5:57:00 PM   
Midge

Hi greggyboy,

Before the Start and End times for any single Event or event Category can appear on your calendar, the Show Start Time and Show End Time check boxes must be selected for that Event or Category.

To display Start and End times for an event Category:

Select Categories from the Events menu.

Select a category from the list, and click Properties.

Click to de-select the No Time check box, then click to select the Show Start Time and/or Show End Time check boxes as desired.

Click OK.

To display Start and End times for a single Event:

Double-click the event to open the Modify Event dialog box.

Click to de-select the No Time check box, then click to select the Show Start Time and/or Show End Time check boxes as desired.

Click OK.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 6/28/2009 5:40:04 PM >

Never say "Never" - there's always an exception to every rule

(in reply to greggyboy)
Post #: 2
RE: Show Timed Events - 6/30/2005 3:12:57 PM   
greggyboy

Midge,

Thanks for the answer. I have already tried all of that and it does not work. I tried creating a new event list and it still does not show. I am using WinXP SP2 surely that should not compromise this feature?

It makes no matter what I do. I purchased and am still using V4. It has become very unstable and I frequently loose data. I tried V6 but did not like it at all. I was glad to see this 05D. It imported my V4 events quite well. I tried the new event list because maybe there was a problem with the import, but that did not help. It has got to be something simple.

G

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 6/28/2009 5:40:11 PM >

(in reply to Midge)
Post #: 3
RE: Show Timed Events - 6/30/2005 4:16:59 PM   
Midge

Hi greggyboy,

I don't think WinXP SP2 is the problem; because I'm able to display Start and End times on my WinXP SP 2 system.

What I do think is that there's something glitchy in the program that won't initially allow Start and End times to display properly in calendar projects that contain Events imported from earlier versions.

When I start a new calendar with one of the Create A New Calendar options (Choose a Ready-Made Calendar, Create a Calendar using the Calendar Wizard, Start with a Basic Calendar), but don't import any Events from previous versions, the Start and End Times display as they should, after following the directions I posted earlier in this discussion.

But, in the calendar project that I use most often, which contains imported Events that were originally created way back in version 2, I was not, at first, able to figure out a way to display Start and End times. But, I did, finally, find a way. So, try this:

Right click on a blank cell on the calendar grid (month, week, etc.), then select Properties from the menu that drops down. When the Layout Object Properties window opens, click on the down arrow next to the Set Properties of: box then select Grid from the menu that drops down. Click on the Miscellaneous tab; then, on the Miscellaneous tab, click in the boxes next to Show Start Time and Show End Time. When you see check marks in both boxes, check the Show Timed Events and Sort Events By settings to make sure they suit you, then click on OK. The downside to this fix is that you will have repeat this process for each calendar grid in your calendar.

Please let me know if this works for you.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 6/28/2009 5:40:17 PM >

Never say "Never" - there's always an exception to every rule

(in reply to greggyboy)
Post #: 4
RE: Show Timed Events - 7/4/2005 9:40:32 AM   
greggyboy

midge
that fixed it

good job for you
thanks for the help

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 6/28/2009 5:40:24 PM >

(in reply to Midge)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Show Timed Events Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4