Math Advantage 2006: 'Quick Time' and 'Missing Directory' errors (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Education Software] >> [Advantage Series] >> Math Advantage

rockwelk -> Math Advantage 2006: 'Quick Time' and 'Missing Directory' errors (10/28/2005 6:14:22 PM)

I have tried to install Math 2006. It tells me to uninstall my updated version of Quick Time and reinstall the program. This process does not work. It says that Path C\Document and Settings\Act Users\Start\Menu\Programming\Math Advantage\Dos not exsist or is not a directory"\ comes up. I am not real familiar with computer language. Can you direct me? I have read a few messages and I am a bit disapppinted at the reviews. I hope this has not turned out to be a waste of money for me.
Thanks[:o]

Midge -> RE: Math Advantage 2006: 'Quick Time' and 'Missing Directory' errors (10/28/2005 7:09:32 PM)

Hi rockwelk,

This is what one Encore Knowledgebase article says about the Quick Time error

Problem

Error message requires uninstalling QuickTime’s newer version

Solution

Please ignore this error message and simply choose OK.

Go to your Start button, select All programs, and launch program from here.

The older version will not override the newer version.

A free download of the newest QuickTime version can be obtained here - - Download QuickTime

We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused.

And, this is what one Encore Knowledgebase article says about the Missing Directory error

Problem

Missing Directory Error Win XP/2000

Solution

Thank you for contacting Encore. We received your email regarding the error message:

“The path ‘c:\DocumentsandSettings\allusers\startmenu\programs\mathadvantage\’ does not exist or is not in the directory.”

To resolve this issue, simply click “OK” and continue with the program as usual. This error will NOT interfere with the use of this program.

This error is a simple system confliction with your NTFS file structure found in Windows XP and Windows 2000.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4