Labels - how to print Postal Barcodes (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Printing Specific Issues

baldorz -> Labels - how to print Postal Barcodes (2/23/2006 4:52:01 PM)

I would like to print Postal Barcodes on the Envelope but when I get to the part for Graphics it anounces that it cannot find "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Broderbund\UMM\Images.wmf"
I checked on my whole harddrive and I do not have that file.
How do I get that?

lindarobin -> RE: Printhop Labels Deluxe Printing (3/20/2006 12:15:53 AM)

Came across this interesting tech note.

When attempting to print bar codes in Print Shop® using Ultimate Mail Manager, a string of numbers prints in place of the bar code. This issue occurs when the correct font is not installed for the bar codes. The issue can be resolved by manually installing the font. This note describes the process of installing the font.
For the bar code to print correctly, complete these steps to manually install the font:

1. Click Start, choose Settings and select Control Panel.
2. Locate and double-click the Fonts folder.
3. Select File and choose Install new font. An Add Fonts window will appear.
4. Click the down arrow by Drives and select the drive where Print Shop® is installed. On the left side of the window, a list of folders will appear.
5. Double-click the hard drive (which is usually the C: drive).
6. Double-click Program Files.
7. Double-click Common Files.
8. Double-click Broderbund.
9. Double-click UMM.
10. In the List of fonts, click on PostNet Tt (True Type) It may be listed as this file: V500001_.ttf.
11. Click OK to install the font.
12. Close all windows and programs, open Print Shop® and print the bar codes again.

Apparently there is a barcode font in Program Files| Common Files| Broderbund| UMM

called PostNet Tt (True Type).

Do you think these are real postal barcodes? That'd be cool.

PamE -> RE: Printhop Labels Deluxe Printing (3/20/2006 7:34:01 AM)

I think so...when I review the HELP for UMM, it states, "When printing envelopes, Delivery labels, or Rolodex cards, mark the Print bar code check box on the Printing Options dialog to print the bar code format of the Zip/Postal Code on the envelopes."

I gave it a shot within the UMM program, and it does work from there... when using the UMM to print your labels.

Great find, lindarobin! I bet this is what this person is talking about and the solution they need. [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4