JPG - size for photo lab printing (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Export/Import

mattorton -> JPG - size for photo lab printing (6/2/2006 6:38:50 AM)

I have ps dlx 20. I did a project by selecting a blank page in the tall format. It is basically a scrapbook page with several digital photo images.

I "Export As" to save my project as JPG file. I also change the width and heigth numbers to get better quality needed for the enlargement.

The program saves it as a JPG but, when I take the JPG file to be developed as a 8x10 photo page it cuts off part of the page. Is there a way to keep this from happening. I realize that I am dealing with two different shapes and consequently I will have a white on the edges and that is ok.

lindarobin -> RE: Exporting as a jpg (6/2/2006 10:28:10 AM)

PDF is a preferred format for professional print stores, but not necessarily for photolabs which print from JPG and TIF. So JPG is fine so long as you are saving at 2400x3000 pixels.

The important thing is that you need to save your JPG IN THE SAME PROPORTION AS 8x10. So draw a 8x10 rectangle and drag out the corner and center it so that the rectangle covers your entire scrapbook page. Layer the rectangle to the bottom. Select ALL, group everything and now export as JPG. If you forget to select all, the program will ignore anything that is outside the margins thus nullifying the attempt to create the correct proportion.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4