Transparent Pictures (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer] >> General Functionality

thalon -> Transparent Pictures (8/29/2006 7:17:42 PM)

Does Scrapbook Designer support transparent pictures?

I have cropped my picture into a circle and the outer part is transparent. Can I put it on my page and be able to see whats behind it?

I hope this is clear.

lindarobin -> RE: Transparent Pictures (8/29/2006 8:57:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: thalon

Does Scrapbook Designer support transparent pictures?

GIF, yes; PNG, no.

quote:

I have cropped my picture into a circle and the outer part is transparent. Can I put it on my page and be able to see whats behind it?

If you are cropping in the PhotoWorkshop and this cropped image is going directly into the workspace, the answer is yes.

If you crop a picture and save it as JPG, then later bring it into a project, the answer is no.

thalon -> RE: Transparent Pictures (8/30/2006 8:04:45 PM)

so, just to clarify...

if I save my cropped image as a GIF with transparant portions they will still be transparant on my page?

lindarobin -> RE: Transparent Pictures (8/30/2006 10:17:22 PM)

That is correct. Your GIF will have transparent background wherever you use it - on webpages, in e-mails, in Word docs, etc.

In Creating Keepsakes, it is not necessary to save it as GIF (which will reduce the image's quality to a limited 256 colours). Simply apply the crop in the PhotoWorkshop and click OK. The cropped image with transparent background is added to your project without degrading the quality.

thalon -> RE: Transparent Pictures (9/1/2006 7:20:36 PM)

OK. Thanks for the prompt relpy. I will give it a shot.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4