scrapbook pages make great Christmas gifts (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer] >> General Functionality

lindarobin -> scrapbook pages make great Christmas gifts (11/6/2004 2:53:10 PM)

With Christmas coming up, I know a lot of people are making custom calendars as gifts. Another great gift idea is a scrapbook page. It can be made with Creating Keepsakes (like the ones I've done here) or with any of the Broderbund desktop publishing programs.

I had digital prints of my nieces and nephew developed at a photolab. I got to choose cool graphic borders for the prints. From the colours in these borders, I chose co-ordinating elements from the art gallery. There is a neat feature called "watermark", where you can make a background with text, so I used the kids' names to make the watermarks.

I glued the photos to the scrapbook pages, then framed them. They will be gifts for my sister.

Here is a photo of the three framed pages. (Sorry for the low resolution, but I didn't want the kids' names to show.)

[image]local://upfiles/72/7011481E0C7947E9AB772EE9196602E0.jpg[/image]

PamE -> RE: scrapbook pages make great Christmas gifts (11/6/2004 11:20:23 PM)

[sm=emot-fyadride.gif] Wow! You are very talented, lindarobin. Thanks for sharing your work and inspiring us to do the same. I should try this as a Christmast gift. It looks like a lot of fun!

lindarobin -> RE: scrapbook pages make great Christmas gifts (11/7/2004 3:50:07 PM)

Thanks, Pam! Yes, do consider making a scrapbook page as a gift! Present it in a frame so it's ready for hanging on the wall or displaying on a shelf. The nice thing about this is that it will still be on display a year from now which cannot be said for calendars and cards made for Christmas.

I wonder how many people have Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer. Perhaps most scrapbook enthusiasts don't use the computer for this hobby. I went to a scrapbook demonstration and it was very handicrafts oriented. They had really neat, beautiful stuff - gorgeous papers, beads, charms, little frames, tags, special pens, specialty scissors and paper punches, strings, stamps, etc, etc! One can spend a lot of money buying scrapbook supplies. It gave me a few ideas of different things I can scan to use in my computer scrapbooking.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4