Distorted graphics in landscape (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC Printing Specific

gordonr3 -> Distorted graphics in landscape (12/10/2006 12:47:43 PM)

How can I get CC Ver 12 to not distort (by spreading) graphics when printing in landscape. The first version of CC I installed (CC for Windows 95) did not have this problem. I purchased and installed CC Ver 10 when my operating system went to XP. Because it would not print in landscape format without distortion, I purchased CC Ver 12, which I now find has the SAME problem.

How can I fix this?

If it is not fixable, I will consider the product defective, since it clearly is supposed to print in the landscape format and at lease one previous version did not have this problem.

Please advise ASAP.

Thanks.

Brandy -> RE: Distorted graphics in landscape (12/10/2006 1:29:30 PM)

Hi gordonr3,

It is unfortunate that you didn't come to this forum before you purchased CC 12 - because there really isn't all that much difference between CC 10 and CC 12.

Anytime you open a calendar layout which is originally designed in Portrait orientation, then attempt to print that calendar in Landscape orientation, you must create a Custom View, as is described below:

1. Open the Calendar Creator project for which you want to create the Custom View.

NOTE: To use these instructions for creating a template, open a 'Basic Calendar'.

2. Select 'Calendar' in the menu bar, then select 'Calendar Properties' from the menu that drops down.

The 'Calendar Properties' dialog box will appear.

3. On the 'Calendar Style' tab, enter the desired 'Calendar Name', then select a QuickStyle from the 'Calendar Quick Styles' drop-down menu.

4. Click on the 'Calendar Views' tab.

5. Select the desired Calendar View (e.g., to create a monthly calendar, select 'Month').

6. Click on the 'Add' button.

The 'View Properties' dialog box will appear.

7. In the 'Name': field, enter a unique layout name for the calendar view.

8. When the 'View Properties' dialog box opens, complete the following as desired:

• Click on the down arrow next to the 'Type' box then select the desired Type.

• Set the Height and Width of the custom view.

For example: Landscape will require a Width of 1100 and a Height of 850 for 8.5 x 11 inch paper.

• If desired, click the 'Facing Pictures' tab then click either 'Art Gallery' or 'Browse' to add an image to the custom view.

9. Click on 'OK' to close the window.

The 'Calendar Properties' window will return.

The name created in Step 7 will be listed on the Calendar Views tab of the Calendar Properties window.

10. Click on 'OK' - to close the Calendar Properties window and save the custom settings.

11. Select 'View' in the menu bar, select 'Show Calendar' from the menu that drops down, then click on the name that was created in Step 7 above.

12. Select 'File' in the menu bar, then select 'Page Setup' from the menu that drops down.

13. When the 'Page Setup' window opens, click on the 'Paper Size' tab.

14. In the 'Page Orientation' section, click in the circle next to 'Landscape'.

15. Click 'Save' to save the changes, then click 'OK' to exit the page setup.

NOTE: To use these instructions for creating a template, open a Basic Calendar. Then, when finished with all of the steps above, save the calendar project to the hard drive.

To create a new calendar based on this template, open this file using 'Open Collection' from the 'File' menu, then choose 'Save Collection As' from the 'File' menu to save the calendar with a different name.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4