Printshop 22 Inserting Text In a shape (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality

Joe1 -> Printshop 22 Inserting Text In a shape (1/27/2007 5:49:58 PM)

In making a "Customized Quick Start Layout" Greeting Card, I tried unsuccessfully to insert text in a shape (also tried to insert text in a text box I made outside the shape, with the hope of moving it into the shape).

The help menu says to use the "Insert Text within a Shape feature" -- but also says it is not available in some versions of The Print Shop. (I have PS22.0.0.0000). I just bought the Software in December 2006.

Why would they have so many cards with shapes on them in the project gallery, if you can't use them?
(The card I used was a half-fold with valentines all over it).

Brandy -> RE: Printshop 22 Inserting Text In a shape (1/27/2007 7:10:33 PM)

Hi Joe,

As you have probably already discovered, this is how the PS 22 Help says that the "Insert Text within a Shape" feature works:

"On the Design Desk, click the Text Tools button on the Object toolbar. A submenu displays. Choose Insert Text within a Shape from the submenu."

The problem here is that in my PS 22 Deluxe, there is no 'Insert Text within a Shape' option in 'Text Tools'. So, if the "Insert Text within a Shape" feature actually does exist in any version of PS 22, it would almost have to be in PS 22 Pro Publisher ONLY.

The only Text Shape options that I've ever seen in my Deluxe versions of Print Shop are:

1. The option to change the shape of a text box. This is normally done by right clicking on a text box (when there is no blinking cursor in the text box) then selecting 'Text Box Shape' in the drop-down menu.

2. The option to change the shape of the actual text. This is normally done by selecting a text box with text already in it (when there is no blinking cursor in the text box), then selecting the 'Apply Text Shape' option in the 'Text Tools' button on the Object toolbar.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
1.660156E-02