form to collect customer info (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Web Pages

joannas -> form to collect customer info (2/1/2007 4:59:58 AM)

I'm building my website using PrintShop22 and I wanna know how can I create a form mailer? for example in my Contact us section in my website how can I create a form where my customer can type their information and send it to my email add?

Please Please Help?!!!!!!!!!!![&:]

ellengard -> RE: can I create a form mailer? (2/1/2007 3:14:49 PM)

PrintShop's webpage project does not do the more complicated web functions such as forms. You can buy a program specifically designed for creating websites (MS FrontPage, Dreamweaver, etc.) or you can research online tutorial sites to find out how to write the HTML code which you would then add to the HTML files that are generated by publishing your web project.

Generally, you also need to write a CGI script to process form data.

ellengard -> RE: can I create a form mailer? (2/1/2007 9:23:03 PM)

If you don't need your form data processed by a script, but just want the data to be e-mailed to you, probably the simplest method is to write a PHP script inside the HTML page itself.

If you have no experience with HTML, you may want to contact someone at your web hosting server. Someone there can write up the HTML for your form and the PHP script for you, hopefully for not too much money, and then you can copy the code into your HTML page.

Years ago, $50 got me a CGI script to gather my online survey data. (PHP and CGI are both common scripts for handling form data.)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4