installing help HP Boot Optimizer (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Education Software] >> [Advantage Series] >> Elementary Advantage

AmyG -> installing help HP Boot Optimizer (3/13/2007 5:24:17 AM)

I am having trouble installing elem. advantage. Something seems to be wrong with my HP boot ootimizer. I dont even know what that is. Anyway, everytime I go to install the social studies or earth science cd, it prmpts me to fix or remove the optimizer, so I fix it and then I click ok and nothing else happens. I try to click install again, and the HP Boot optimizer appears again.

Using WinXP

Brandy redux -> RE: installing help (3/13/2007 1:22:53 PM)

Hi Amy,

The HP Boot Optimizer is really nothing more than a tool that can be used for speeding up the boot-up time in Windows XP. However, the HP Boot Optimizer might not be able to shorten the boot-up time by more than 10 seconds or so. And, when the HP Boot Optimizer is installed, some software may not appear in the Msconfig utility - making it difficult to troubleshoot from the Msconfig application. So, I believe the quickest way to solve your problem with Elementary Advantage would be to just permanently uninstall the HP Boot Optimizer

Use the following steps to uninstall the Boot Optimizer:

1. Click Start and click Control Panel (in Classic View Click Start, select Settings, and then click Control Panel).

2. Click Add and Remove Programs (in Classic View double-click the Add and Remove Programs icon).

3. Locate the HP Boot Optimizer program in the Add and Remove Programs window.

4. Click HP Boot Optimizer and click Change/Remove.

5. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the Boot Optimizer uninstall.

NOTE: If, after uninstalling, software tasks are still missing in Msconfig, you could reinstall HP Boot Optimizer as described in the next section, and then uninstall it again to display the missing software applications.

To Reinstall the HP Boot Optimizer with the built-in HP Application Recovery software:

Click Start, All Programs, HP Tools, Compaq Tools, or PC Help and Tools, and Application Recovery.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4