printing different notecards (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Printing Specific Issues

C.W. -> printing different notecards (4/6/2007 9:03:31 AM)

I want to make two notecards. They will both have the same picture on the front page. But I want the text to be different on the inside page because they will be for two different people. Now, here are my questions: Is there a way that these two different notecards can be printed on the same piece of 8.5x11 paper or do they have to printed on two separate pieces of paper? Also, instead of printing two of the same exact notecards on one piece of paper, is there a way to print just one in order to save on ink?

Thanks.

Chris

Brandy redux -> RE: printing different notecards (4/6/2007 12:59:56 PM)

Hi Chris,

It is possible to print two different Notecards on the same piece of 8.5 x 11 paper. And, there is a way to print just one in order to save on ink. And, surprisingly enough, the same printing process applies to both situations - the only way to print different Notecards is to print them one at a time.

You would, though, have to experiment with the printing process a little bit to get it just exactly right for you.

The following instructions work well for my top-feed printer. If you are using a front-feed printer, you may need to feed the paper differently.

1. Design the first Notecard.

2. When you are ready to print the first Notecard, select 'Print' in the 'File' menu.

3. When the Print window opens, select 1 in the 'Number of Notecards' box.

4. Click in the circle next to 'Outside Only', and make sure Double Sided is NOT selected.

5. After the outside of the card has printed, put the paper back in the printer, with the UNPRINTED end going into the printer first.

6. Click on 'Print' in the File menu again.

7. When the Print window opens, select 1 in the 'Number of Notecards' box.

8. Click in the circle next to 'Inside Only' and make sure that 'Starting Notecard' is set to 1.

9. Design the second Notecard.

10. Put the paper back into the printer, again with the UNPRINTED end going into the printer first

11. Repeat the same printing process as you did for the first Notecard.

An easier option might be to use the Custom Paper Wizard to create a half-fold greeting card project that is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2.

Please click on the link below

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=27638&mpage=1&key=毶

to view tips for using the Custom Paper Wizard.

C.W. -> RE: printing different notecards (4/9/2007 6:10:24 PM)

Thanks Brandy. What you said makes sense. I'll try it.
Chris

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4