The Big Box of Art 410,000 and Windows Vista (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Hemera Software] >> General functionality

medic92 -> The Big Box of Art 410,000 and Windows Vista (5/21/2007 2:38:27 PM)

Ok, I click on a picture, it tells me which cd to insert and I insert the cd. Nothing comes up on the right side like it did with XP and I can't find any patches for this software to fix the issue in Vista. Am I missing something simple like some sort of moron?

Brandy redux -> RE: The Big Box of Art 410,000 and Windows Vista (5/21/2007 3:13:13 PM)

Hi medic92,

The first thing that you will want to keep in mind is that The Big Box of Art 410,000 was released quite a while before WinVista was released. So, The Big Box of Art 410,000 is not, technically, compatible with WinVista. And, as far as I can tell, neither the Encore Knowledgebase nor the hemera.com web site are offering any updates for WinVista.

On WinXP, the problem you described (nothing comes up on the right side) is known to be caused (but ONLY with JPG images) when the user is NOT logged onto the computer with a Computer Administrator account. So, if you are not logging onto WinVista with a Computer Administrator account when you try to run The Big Box of Art 410,000 AND/OR if you were not logged onto WinVista with a Computer Administrator account when you installed The Big Box of Art 410,000 AND/OR if you did not do a 'clean' install of The Big Box of Art 410,000 (by temporarily disabling background programs in Start | Run | MSConfig | Startup before you installed The Big Box of Art 410,000), one or all of those situations could be causing your problem.

Since many pre-WinVista programs are not compatible with WinVista, one recommended fix for working around this problem is to use the Compatibility Wizard, as described here:

"Compatibility Mode: How to Use "

medic92 -> RE: The Big Box of Art 410,000 and Windows Vista (5/21/2007 3:38:19 PM)

Thanks for your help. All I had to do was set it to run as an administrator. I knew it was going to be something simple and I was just missing it.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4