import a .pdf (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Export/Import

fueltags -> import a .pdf (7/15/2007 2:07:37 PM)

I am trying to import a .pdf file to Printshop 22 deluxe. I need the file for a new project. When I import it, it says it is not supported. Is there a way to import a .pdf file? If not, what can I do?

Brandy redux -> RE: import a .pdf (7/15/2007 3:15:38 PM)

Hi fueltags,

It is not possible to import a PDF file into Print Shop because PDF files are intended to be opened only in Acrobat Reader - or in the very, very few other programs which are designed to open PDF files.

There is only one way that I know of to take text and/or graphics from a PDF file and then place that text and/or graphics in a Print Shop project.

If you don't already have the latest version of Acrobat Reader (version 8.1) installed on your computer, you can download the free Acrobat Reader here

Download the latest version of Adobe Reader

After you open the PDF file in Acrobat Reader, you would click on the Select Tool in the toolbar (between the Hand and the camera) then either click on an image or click and drag to select text. Then, you would right click on the item and select the Copy Image to Clipboard option. Then, you would switch to the Print Shop project and Paste the item.

If the Select Tool in Acrobat Reader will not permit you to select individual items, that would have to mean that the PDF file was created as one single image, with no items that can be selected individually. In that case, the only option would probably be to copy/paste the entire PDF.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4