'real' quotation marks (not inches mark)? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality

TWM -> 'real' quotation marks (not inches mark)? (9/28/2007 12:00:08 AM)

That's always one of the tell-tale signs of amateur design -- using the inches mark, instead of 'real' open + closed quotation marks.

How do I get them in PS?

Thanks!

-- TW

lindarobin -> RE: How can I get 'real' quotation marks (not inches mark)? (9/28/2007 10:02:03 AM)

quote:

... 'real' open + closed quotation marks.

How do I get them in PS?

That's an interesting observation that I hadn't noticed before. In high-end word processing programs (such as MS Word), the application knows how to start and end a quotation. The word processing portion of PS can't do this, however, I found that I can type in MS Word and copy/paste into a PS text box. The curly quotation marks then appear in the PS project.

DEJenc3 -> RE: How can I get 'real' quotation marks (not inches mark)? (9/28/2007 6:07:01 PM)

I don't have Print Shop, but had another thought. Lindarobin's suggestion should work perfectly well. If you're going to use the quotes often, you could even store them in a document to copy and paste. Another way may be an alt-key combination. You can type, using the number pad for the digits:
Alt-0147
Alt-0148

This takes me back some time ago when it was necessary to use combinations like this to get certain punctuation or non-English characters into some programs. You can see these by using the Character Map. In Windows XP it's in Accessories, System Tools. When you click a character or symbol, you can copy it for pasting. You can also see the Alt-key combination to reproduce it. If you check Advanced View, you'll see other options for character sets. You might find Windows: Western simpler than Unicode.

Remember that you must use the number pad and not the top-of-keyboard numbers to enter the numbers.

lindarobin -> RE: How can I get 'real' quotation marks (not inches mark)? (9/28/2007 9:23:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DEJenc3
Alt-0147
Alt-0148

“Excellent suggestion, DEJenc3!”, say I.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4