using keyboard to play games? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Games] >> [Hoyle®] >> Hoyle Card Games 2005

MK63 -> using keyboard to play games? (10/2/2007 1:05:46 PM)

My mouse-clicking finger gets TIRED after one or two hands of Bridge.

Isn't there some way to play these card games with the keyboard, instead?

Even just being able to play "highest card of same suit" or "lowest card of same suit" with a keystroke would help a lot. (And even the wimpy Hearts game that came built into Windows-95 supported some keyboard play.)

But I find no mention of using the keyboard, or how to play without a mouse, in any of the help topics. All I can do with the keyboard is hit ENTER during bidding to PASS, and between hands to deal the next hand.

I recall the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) required all commercial software to allow keyboard-only interfaces (for blind users), and that's been in place since the early 1990's.

What am I missing here? (other than the ability to play without the mouse...)

Any clues would be appreciated.

lindarobin -> RE: using keyboard to play games? (10/2/2007 4:56:27 PM)

I hear ya! Unfortunately, I also see no way to play the games with just the keyboard[:'(]. My wrist is damaged by too much mouse usage. I use my graphics pen for most things now, including games. It's so much easier on my hand. Kind of pricey unless you really want to get Adobe PhotoShop Elements which is bundled with Wacom's Graphics Tablet and Pen. Then it's a good deal and a good investment for your hand and wrist.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
1.611328E-02