3MB of free virtual memory needed (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Education Software] >> [Advantage Series] >> Math Advantage

wave -> 3MB of free virtual memory needed (10/3/2007 4:09:28 PM)

Hi, I am trying to use Math Advantage 2004 and I keep getting this error message. I have tried all the suggestions in the support article. Help?

Brandy redux -> RE: 3MB of free virtual memory needed (10/3/2007 4:15:54 PM)

Hi wave,

Since you didn't mention exactly which support article you used to try to solve your problem, I'll definitely need to know that before I can properly address your problem.

So, please post back and tell me whether or not you were referring to the '3MB of free virtual memory needed' support article.

wave -> RE: 3MB of free virtual memory needed (10/3/2007 4:19:27 PM)

Yes, this is the support article I was using. If it's any help, I am running windows XP.

Brandy redux -> RE: 3MB of free virtual memory needed (10/3/2007 4:29:22 PM)

Hi wave,

While I was waiting for you to post back, I did a Google search on the '3MB of free virtual memory needed' error message. And, I discovered that the recommendations in the Encore FAQ are quite a bit different from the recommendations I found as a result of the Google search.

Please take a look at this web site

Error: Director Player requires 3MB of free virtual memory to run

then, please post back and tell me whether or not it helped to solve your problem.

wave -> RE: 3MB of free virtual memory needed (10/3/2007 7:27:50 PM)

Thanks for the effort Brandy but, unfortunately, that website's solution didn't work.

Brandy redux -> RE: 3MB of free virtual memory needed (10/3/2007 7:30:44 PM)

Hi wave,

When you followed the directions in the FAQs I recommended above, EXACTLY which settings did you select for Initial Size and Maximum size of the Virtual Memory? And, EXACTLY how much RAM do you have installed on your WinXP computer?

Did you restart your computer after resetting Virtual Memory?

wave -> RE: 3MB of free virtual memory needed (10/3/2007 7:36:33 PM)

Ah, while I was waiting for a reply I did my own google search and found a setting that has solved my problem. I solved it by setting both the Initial and Maximum size to 4000. *sigh of relief* Thanks for all your help Brandy and quick response!

Brandy redux -> RE: 3MB of free virtual memory needed (10/3/2007 7:37:56 PM)

Great News wave[sm=emot-dance.gif]

And, Thank You Very Much for posting back and letting me know how you solved your problem.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4