Monopoly Here & Now on Windows Vista? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Games] >> Monopoly

cancan -> Monopoly Here & Now on Windows Vista? (11/25/2007 12:37:53 AM)

Hi,

I have the trial version, which is working perfectly. But when I try to purchase the full version, I get an error message.

Is this a compatibility issue with Vista or something else?

Thanks!

Brandy redux -> RE: Monopoly Here & Now on Windows Vista? (11/25/2007 1:32:18 AM)

Hi cancan,

Since the only thing you are trying to do is to purchase the full version, it is very unlikely that the problem you are experiencing is a compatibility issue with Vista - because there would be no compatibility issue until you attempt to install the full version on Vista.

If you are trying to purchase the full version as a download, you will need to go to the web site where you are trying to purchase that full version and ask the Technical Support at that web site to help you solve that problem. That is because this user-to-user forum is not connected in any way to web sites where downloads can be purchased. So, unfortunately, we will not be able to help you with that problem.

If you are open to a little bit of free advice, I'd like to offer these comments:

1. First of all, the Minimum System Requirements for Monopoly Here & Now list ONLY these Operating Systems:

Windows® 98/ME/2000 SP4/XP (Home & Pro) SP2³,

So, Monopoly Here & Now is not, technically, supported on WinVista. That doesn't mean it won't run on WinVista. That only means that it is not supported on WinVista.

2. If you really want to purchase the full version of Monopoly Here & Now, forget about purchasing a download and purchase the product on a CD. The CD versions of Encore products are, as a rule, far less problematic than the download versions.

3. After you do purchase the full version, you'll want to make sure that you do a thorough uninstall of the trial version, as described in this FAQ

Uninstalling Software: Thoroughly & Safely

before you attempt to install the full version. And, when you are ready to install the full version, you will want to be sure to do a 'clean' install, EXACTLY as described in this FAQ

'Clean' Install on Win98/Me/XP/2000/Vista/Win7

JasonC -> RE: Monopoly Here & Now on Windows Vista? (11/25/2007 1:42:13 AM)

Good point about the CD brandy . I always buy them on CD now as downloads sometimes are problematic for me despite doing maintinence to minimize issues.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
1.171875E-02