Cannot upgrade to v3 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer] >> General Functionality

Rochelle -> Cannot upgrade to v3 (12/10/2007 7:59:02 PM)

I had Creating Keepsakes v1 installed on my computer, which is running Windows XP. I purchased v3 but have been unable to install it. Before installing it I uninstalled v1, I searched through my registry and removed every trace of 'Scrapbook Designer', I restarted my computer and looked through the registry again.

But, each time attempt to install v3 it is v1 that installs. As of right now the version is 1.0.0.277, even though I used the v3 installation discs.

This is really frustrating me. V1 keeps crashing and I'm losing my work as a result of it. I have followed the instructions posted here but it hasn't helped.

Please tell me what I need to do to get this corrected.

Sincerely,
Rochelle

lindarobin -> RE: Cannot upgrade to v3 (12/10/2007 9:23:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rochelle
...As of right now the version is 1.0.0.277, even though I used the v3 installation discs.

...V1 keeps crashing

First the good news. version 1.0.0.277 is version 3! Although I wouldn't have known that had you not brought it to my attention. You can see from my screenshot that I am also using CKSD on Win XP. I uninstalled v1 a few weeks ago and installed v3. I know it is version 3 because I have a whole lot more graphics and ready-made projects than I ever had with my v1.

As to your program crashing, your installation may be corrupt. Did you do a clean install?

Click on the link below

Creative Keepsakes General Functionality

to view pinned threads for CKSD General Functionality.

[image]local://upfiles/72/28919D4421DF4A1897DD9871F21EB2EB.jpg[/image]

Rochelle -> RE: Cannot upgrade to v3 (12/11/2007 6:54:12 AM)

Holy cow! You have no idea how much time I have wasted thinking I wasn't installing the correct version. How bizarre that Encore/Broderbrund wouldn't change the version number within the software to 3.x.

Thank you so much for telling me this. I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief.

No, I didn't install using the instructions on the link you gave. I will do that.

I have another question. My computer is pretty beefy. Lots of RAM, really good video graphic, and so on. I had it custom built to be able to quickly process programs like Photoshop. However, whenever I run CKSD it acts like an antiquated computer. It takes, literally, five minutes to save each time I save. Is this normal?

Thank you,
Rochelle

lindarobin -> RE: Cannot upgrade to v3 (12/12/2007 10:04:55 PM)

quote:

... No, I didn't install using the instructions on the link you gave. I will do that.

... whenever I run CKSD it acts like an antiquated computer. It takes, literally, five minutes to save each time I save. Is this normal?

No, it's not normal unless your project has several high res photos and dozens of layers. My guess is that a clean install will fix that problem.

Rochelle -> RE: Cannot upgrade to v3 (12/27/2007 5:31:38 AM)

Wow. I never even thought about the resolution of my images. My scrapbook projects have between 15-40 pages each, and are filled with extremely high resolution images. Going forward I will make lower-resolution copies of the pictures I want to use. Now I understand the reason for the long saving times. Thank you!

lindarobin -> RE: Cannot upgrade to v3 (12/27/2007 8:49:13 AM)

quote:

...I will make lower-resolution copies of the pictures I want to use. Now I understand the reason for the long saving times. Thank you!

You're welcome! Remember that for high quality printing, you want between 200 and 300 dpi for you photos.

The best thing to do is use a photo-editing program (probably the one that came with your digital camera) to:

1. crop the picture
This will reduce file size significantly without sacrificing any quality.

2. resample the cropped picture
If the picture is more than 400 dpi, resample it down to 300 dpi. Please research the internet to make sure you understand dpi in the image file. I don't want to write several paragraphs here.

3. compress the image
Not recommended if you want high quality printing. I only mention JPG compression because people get it confused with resampling when trying to reduce file size.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4