How do I make Print Shop 21 graphics with transparent backgrounds? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality

April Wadsworth -> How do I make Print Shop 21 graphics with transparent backgrounds? (12/21/2007 1:48:12 AM)

[sm=emot-kittyjig.gif]

British Redneck -> RE: How do I make Print Shop 21 graphics with transparent backgrounds? (12/21/2007 6:17:15 AM)

I am no expert as Brandy Redux will attest but the only way I have found around this is to have my geek son convert it into a "vector image". Exactly what that is and how it's done remains a mystery to me.

lindarobin -> RE: How do I make Print Shop 21 graphics with transparent backgrounds? (12/21/2007 9:36:28 AM)

GIF's and PNGs can also have transparent backgrounds and they are not vector graphics. Photos cannot be converted to vector graphics which are more suited to graphics that can be defined mathematically with curves and angles.

This previous thread covers the "how-to" in PrintShop.

Photo Editor question - eliminate background

April Wadsworth -> RE: How do I make Print Shop 21 graphics with transparent backgrounds? (12/23/2007 11:29:26 PM)

Thank you, British Redneck and lindarobin. I guess I will have to purchase the Adobe Photoshop Elements to do what I want to do. Thanks for your help.
April Wadsworth

lindarobin -> RE: How do I make Print Shop 21 graphics with transparent backgrounds? (12/24/2007 12:10:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: April Wadsworth
I guess I will have to purchase the Adobe Photoshop Elements to do what I want to do.

Yes, Adobe PhotoShop Elements can create raster images with transparent areas (PNG and GIF).

It is important to note that PrintShop does not support PNG with transparent areas, but does support GIF with transparent areas.

If you create a PNG with transparent areas, don't bother importing it into a PrintShop project. Those transparent areas will be solid white and you will be back to where you are right now.

Most likely, you will have to import PrintShop graphics into Adobe PhotoShop Elements to complete your project.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4