Unblurring (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality

nicoletnw -> Unblurring (1/15/2008 2:40:42 PM)

I have a picture that is blurry. I was trying to figure out if there was a way to unblur it if so how do I do it?

lindarobin -> RE: Unblurring (1/15/2008 4:39:08 PM)

You can try the sharpen filter. Results vary depending on how badly out-of-focus the picture is.

[image]local://upfiles/72/8DADE2C5975D4820B06C6B32C474231D.jpg[/image]

nicoletnw -> RE: Unblurring (1/16/2008 8:18:57 AM)

Thanks but that didn't work. Any other ideas?? It seemed like it was in good focus until I put in on the computer and now it looks really blurry!!! Any help would be greatly appreciatted!!

lindarobin -> RE: Unblurring (1/16/2008 9:33:49 AM)

Is your photo blurry because the focus was set for the incorrect distance or because of camera shake or because the resolution is less than 800x600 pixels?

nicoletnw -> RE: Unblurring (1/16/2008 9:45:03 AM)

I am not sure how do I find out!! It showed up fine on my camera but blurry when I uploaded it onto my computer.

lindarobin -> RE: Unblurring (1/16/2008 10:54:43 AM)

Most everything looks fine on a tiny screen. It's when you see a picture "up close" that the details are apparent. Locate the file on your hard drive. Right-click the filename. Read the properties. Tell me the pixel dimensions. If it is less than 800x600 that means you took the photo at your camera's low resolution setting, making this photo unsuitable for high quality printing.

lindarobin -> RE: Unblurring (1/16/2008 10:58:05 AM)

[image]http://members.porchlight.ca/lindarobin/resolution/pixelsize.jpg[/image]
This screenshot may help you read your photo's properties.

nicoletnw -> RE: Unblurring (1/16/2008 8:03:39 PM)

They are 115 x 150 thanks for the help! I have another question for you. I have some pics that show my tatoos and I want to make it look like they are not there. Some pics I have outfits on that you can see the tatoos through is there a way to make them look like they are not there and not mess up the pic!! I am new at this and trying to figure it out but reading the book didn't help to much for me! Thanks a lot once again for your help!!

lindarobin -> RE: Unblurring (1/16/2008 11:13:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nicoletnw

They are 115 x 150 thanks for the help!

OK, so that is only "camera phone" quality. There is absolutely no way to make this a quality print, sorry. It probably will look fine displayed on the computer screen 2 inches wide, but as soon as you zoom in, it'll be terribly pixelated.

quote:

... Some pics I have outfits on that you can see the tatoos through is there a way to make them look like they are not there and not mess up the pic!!

Yes, but Print Shop is the wrong program for doing that. Print Shop is a desktop publishing program, ideal for making business cards, brochures, newsletters, that sort of thing. What you need is a photo-editor such as Adobe PhotoShop Elements, Microsoft Digital Image Pro or Corel Paint Shop Pro.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4