Create New CD Label Template (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality

riga34 -> Create New CD Label Template (2/5/2008 11:32:40 AM)

I was able to easily create a new CD label template to use with the label section of my Print Shop 22 Deluxe prog. When I select that template to use with either Create From Scratch or one already in the system, I see the template OK. When I select a background to begin with it only shows up as a 3" square of the background in the middle of the template. I can't do anything with this (resize, move, delete, etc, etc). Any help?

lindarobin -> RE: Create New CD Label Template (2/5/2008 12:06:46 PM)

Rather than using the background feature, add a shape (rectangular or whatever) and layer it to the back. The shape can be filled with colour, gradient or texture, as well as being resized and repositioned.

lindarobin -> RE: Create New CD Label Template (2/5/2008 12:29:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: riga34
...When I select a background to begin with it only shows up as a 3" square of the background in the middle of the template...

I take back what I said earlier. I suspect that your printer margins are set very wide and that is why the background shows up with all that white space surrounding it.

Go to your printer setup and see if you have options to minimize your margins.

riga34 -> RE: Create New CD Label Template (2/5/2008 1:07:45 PM)

Couldn't find anything suggesting my printer margins are set very wide. Did notice that the 3" square I referred to is a dotted line square and is the same size as the vertical and horizontal rulers that are displayed. Tried to change these rulers with no success. Feel like, if I could extend the rulers to the vertical and horizontal dimensions of the template, I could continue to work with the template. Suggestions??

lindarobin -> RE: Create New CD Label Template (2/5/2008 2:21:02 PM)

quote:

... the 3" square I referred to is a dotted line square and is the same size as the vertical and horizontal rulers that are displayed...

Those dotted lines are your margins and they can only be changed in the printer setup. What Avery template stock number are you using? Do these labels come on a 8.5x11 sheet? If so, please verify that your printer is set for letter size.

riga34 -> RE: Create New CD Label Template (2/5/2008 4:32:14 PM)

Yeah! Set for letter size. Template is one I created and is actually Stomper Pro template.

lindarobin -> RE: Create New CD Label Template (2/5/2008 5:27:41 PM)

quote:

Template is one I created and is actually Stomper Pro template.

So when you used the Custom Paper Wizard, what margins did you set? Maybe all you need to do is edit your custom paper by reducing the margins.

riga34 -> RE: Create New CD Label Template (2/6/2008 12:32:01 PM)

Found the solution to being able to use the Stomper Pro template I made. I tried everything to do with margins with no solution. Noticed a check box on one of the Wizard's pages about "Full Bleed". Having no idea what that meant, I checked it and am now able to create and print any "Start From Scratch" labels for Stomper Pro. Still unable to use the "Existing" designs but that's OK with me. Thanks for sticking this out with me and knowing there was an answer somewhere.

lindarobin -> RE: Create New CD Label Template (2/6/2008 9:03:11 PM)

Glad you are now able to make your stomper labels. And yes, "full bleed" means print to the edge of the label, in your case.

Full bleed can also mean print to the edge of the paper which many printers do not have the capability to do. This is why printers have a non-printable area in the margins of the paper. So I'm slightly mystified that there would be a large margin on the label since that area does not fall within the non-printable area around the edge of the whole sheet. I would expect a small margin (which would be eliminated by selecting full-bleed.) That small margin or white border is often acceptable because full-bleed can be tricky to align with the printer.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4