Migrating keywords and categories to Version 18 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Export/Import

GeorgeA. -> Migrating keywords and categories to Version 18 (2/11/2008 12:48:32 PM)

I installed PrintMaster 18 Platinum on Win XP and was surprised the ‘My Projects’ gallery came up empty. During installation, there was a message that it had found Version 16, and that I could uninstall it later. Was it unreasonable to expect V18 to automatically migrate the ‘My Projects’ content from V16? Did I miss something? Is there something I can do now to get the old projects into V18?

What I tried for a first pass was to ‘Import’ the project files from the directories they are in. However, I lost all the keywords and categories I had created in V16. Manually recreating these is a very big deal. (A separate query to this forum deals with how this was ultimately unsuccessful due to PrintMaster errors.)

The ‘solution’ to the migration problem described in Tech Note #43419 seems to confirm (by not addressing the issues) that there is no support for migrating categories and keywords. I do hope someone has found a better approach.

Brandy redux -> RE: Migrating keywords and categories to Version 18 (2/11/2008 1:26:06 PM)

HI GeorgeA.,

On WinXP, PrintMaster will automatically ask you if you want to import your project files. But, this will happen ONLY if your project files are stored in a subdirectory of your My Documents folder. If your project files are not stored in a subdirectory of your My Documents folder, it will always be necessary for you to manually import them.

As to your problem with keywords and categories, the files which contain the keyword and category information are not stored in the project files. So, when you upgrade to a newer version, you will lose all the keywords and categories.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4