Custom names in mail merge - Mr., Mrs., Spouse's Name & Family, etc. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality

emom55 -> Custom names in mail merge - Mr., Mrs., Spouse's Name & Family, etc. (2/26/2008 2:24:23 PM)

I'm using Print Shop Deluxe 20 and XP home. I would like to merge names with Mr. & Mrs. John Doe for invitations. How do I add the Mrs. without adding it to all? And is there a way to add '& family' on some and not others? I thought I could create a custom field for it, but I wouldn't want it to print on all. Or do I need to print all the just Mr.'s or Mrs.'s separately from the Mr. & Mrs. and all the & family seperately from the ones without kids?

Brandy redux -> RE: Custom names in mail merge - Mr., Mrs., Spouse's Name & Family, etc. (2/26/2008 2:41:31 PM)

Hi emom55,

Creating a Custom Field has always worked quite well for me when I create mail merge projects.

I will, for example, type the ENTIRE name that I want to use for that mail merge project into a field that is not yet used for anything else - such as the Organization field. Then, when I create the Mail Merge project, I will select the 'Organization' field for the first line of the address - INSTEAD OF the 'First Name' and 'Last Name' fields.

The only drawback, of course, is that the entire name that I want to use for the mail merge project will have to be typed into the Organization field for every name in the Address Book that will be included in the mail merge project.

However, if you are, in fact, trying to print invitations directly from the Ultimate Mail Manager, this is how it is done

1. While in the Ultimate Mail Manager®, click File and select Print Preview. The Printing Wizard will open.

2. Click the button for the type of printout desired (e.g., Address and Phone Reports, Call Log Reports, Delivery Labels and Rolodex, etc.).

3. Select a Printing Choice and click Next.

4. Select the desired options and select Next.

5. Click Customize.

6. Click Layout tab. The current layout for that printout will be shown in the upper window.

7. Click once on the line that displays the current Name field. Possible examples include: Name (with Spouse Name), Spouse–First Name, Last Name, Spouse–Title, First Name, Last Name.

8. Under the Fields option (lower window), scroll down to the desired field and click on it once to select it (e.g., Mr. and Mrs.- First Name, Last Name).

9. Click Insert Field. This will replace the field selected in Step 7 (above) with the field selected in Step 8.

10. Make any additional changes and click Save.

11. Click Finish to close the Printing Wizard and preview the report.

12. Review the information in the Print Preview to verify that it is working as intended.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4