Making a simple collage (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality

tcarouge2 -> Making a simple collage (3/19/2008 10:19:38 AM)

I desperately need some help. alls that i wish to do is make a simple collage. i want to have perhaps three photos blended together. i have been able to crop... but the crop is dirty and pixilated around the edges. is there a touch-up tool, or layering tool, or what?!?!?!

I started with a main photo. then i tried inserting a new one. which worked. then i tried selecting the n ew photo, and self-cropping. it worked, but looked bad. then i tried to select the second photo again, only try editing in the advance phot editor. i got no where.

Could someone please shed some light on this? this program was a lot of money, and i thought for sure i could make a professional looking collage!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Trevor Carouge

lindarobin -> RE: Making a simple collage (3/19/2008 5:53:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tcarouge2
...the crop is dirty and pixilated around the edges...

If you are using the rectangular crop correctly, there is no such thing as "dirty and pixilated" around the edges.

Start with a blank page project. From the menu bar, Insert*| From File... browse to where the photo is stored. Place it in the project. Select the photo. Click Photo Tools. A drop down opens. Click Crop & Orientation. This opens The Photo Workshop. Use a pre-set shape crop tool. Click OK. The cropped photo appears in the project.

*Repeat for the next two photos.

If your photos look pixilated it is because they are low resolution photos (for example, downloaded web pics) and low resolution photos make poor quality prints.

[image]local://upfiles/72/7E706E4725F8403DB310551EF8CB52CB.jpg[/image]

lindarobin -> RE: Making a simple collage (3/19/2008 6:33:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tcarouge2
...three photos blended together.

After you crop your photos, you can apply a semi-transparent soft edge, so that the photos "blend" into each other.

[image]local://upfiles/72/2AEC05731897466B80BEEBBD67CB5426.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4