slide shows with music - limitations (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality

lindarobin -> slide shows with music - limitations (4/9/2008 4:43:22 PM)

Print Shop is a desktop publishing program, great for making newsletters, brochures, business cards, greeting cards, etc. If you bought it just for making a slide show with music, that is unfortunate because Print Shop's "multi-media" feature is EXTREMELY limited (as this is not a primary function of the program.)

These are Print Shop's slideshow limitations:

• Only one sound file per slideshow.
  • Only MID and WAV formats are supported. i.e. NO MP3s.
  • Slideshows are saved in EXE format which most anti-virus programs will block should you try to e-mail it.
  • EXE format can only be read by your computer. You can burn the EXE file onto CD/DVD and it can be played on another computer, not on your TV's DVD player!
  • The "Create a Video CD" option will create a disc that can be played on your TV's DVD player, but without sound and transition effects.
  • If the total file size of all your photos starts to really add up, say 10 MB, the program will crash.

I do not recommend you use these options when creating your slide show because they only work if your CD/DVD RW drive is one of the supported makes and models. If yours is not supported, you will either get an error message or the program will crash.
[image]local://upfiles/72/790441457B0D4B7DA4DEB40C6D332847.jpg[/image]

So if you are trying to make a big multi-media presentation, I recommend you get a program specifically designed for that, rather than Print Shop which is specifically designed for creating print projects. Do a Google search for products that can create slide shows for playback on TV.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4