Importing older projects all at the same time (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Export/Import

L2T -> Importing older projects all at the same time (8/5/2008 8:04:01 AM)

Couldn't get PM11 or PM8 to run on Vista Home Premium so purchased and installed PM18. I have hundreds of projects that I want to import into PM18. Can this be done in one fell swoop or do I have to do one at a time? Would like details please.

Thanks

Brandy redux -> RE: Importing from PM11Gold to PM18Gold? (8/5/2008 11:01:32 AM)

Hi L2T,

Yes, it should be possible to import your PM 11 and PM 8 projects into PM 18. And, it should also be possible to do so in one fell swoop.

However, if you had first made sure to copy all of your project files to a subfolder of the Documents folder, you should have been asked if you wanted to import those projects the first time you opened PrintMaster - because the Documents folder is the default Save folder for WinVista.

So, the first thing you'll want to do is to copy all of the project files to a subfolder of the Documents folder. Then, do this:

1. Open PrintMaster 18.

2. When the Project Picker opens, click on 'Open My Projects'.

3. Click on the 'My Projects' tab.

4. Click on 'File' in the menubar, then select 'Import' in the list that drops down.

5. Click on the down arrow next to the 'Look In' box, then navigate to the location of your project files.

6. When you can see the list of projects, click on the first file name in the list, then hold down the SHIFT key while clicking on the last file name in the list.

7. When you can see that all file names are highlighted, click on the 'Import' button.

L2T -> RE: Importing from PM11Gold to PM18Gold? (8/6/2008 7:03:56 AM)

Hi Brandy,

Worked nicely and thank you so much!

I'm working off a Carbonite restoration of crashed computer and I think that is why the prompt didn't point me to the exact folder the 1st time I expect.

401 old projects grouped and alphabetized.

Thanks again!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4