Talking voices aren't heard in Hoyle 2008 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Games] >> [Hoyle®] >> Hoyle Card Games 2008

Crow49Crow -> Talking voices aren't heard in Hoyle 2008 (8/5/2008 5:31:18 PM)

The cards shuffling sounds and Hoyle music play fine all the time with absolutely no failures ever.

However the talking voices are only heard for a couple of tricks of the game (Tarot) and then are silent. Every new redeal will turn the voices back on again, until a couple tricks later when once again they go silent.

I am using Win XP with a laptop with integrated SB compatible sound built in.

I am running the latest download version (not the CD version) and the update patch will not install, and error message says the patch does not recognize the game's main executable file.

Brandy redux -> RE: Patch for Hoyle Card Games 2008 (8/5/2008 6:05:19 PM)

Hi Crow49Crow,

There are 3 patches for Hoyle Card Games 2008.

Hoyle Card Games 2008 Support

One patch is ONLY for people who bought the DVD.

One patch is ONLY for people who bought the game through Digital River

One patch is ONLY for people who bought the game through Trymedia.com

So, you will have to be sure that you've downloaded the correct patch before you attempt to install the patch. And, if you purchased a download anywhere other than at Trymedia or Digital River, there's a very good chance that none of the patches will work for you.

As for your sound problem, you might want to check to make sure your sound card driver is updated.

However, since you said that every new redeal will turn the voices back on again, you might want to click on this link

Troubleshooting Installation Problems

to the "Troubleshooting Installation Problems" FAQ to check out the tips for making sure that the program was properly installed.

Crow49Crow -> RE: Talking voices aren't heard in Hoyle 2008 (8/6/2008 10:19:14 AM)

Ok thanks Brandy, yes I bought at the Hoyle site, so the digital river update installed fine.

As for the sound problem, updating drivers didn't solve but it did get me poking around and found the solution way down inside all the settings.

With Win XP:

Start, Control Panel, Switch to Classic View, Sound, Playback, Advanced, Performance, Hardware Acceleration, move the pointer from Full to the left a couple of notches. And now the game talking sounds all work perfectly, first time, the whole time, everytime!

I don't see any reduction in performance either, now it all just works great

[:D]

Brandy redux -> RE: Talking voices aren't heard in Hoyle 2008 (8/6/2008 11:37:22 AM)

Thanks a bunch for the update Crow49Crow,

The information you provided may come in very handy for others who experience the same problem.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4