Elementary Advantage 2009: Java Problem with Britannica Encyclopedia (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Education Software] >> [Advantage Series] >> Elementary Advantage

BeachGuy -> Elementary Advantage 2009: Java Problem with Britannica Encyclopedia (8/21/2008 10:32:04 PM)

When trying to install the Britannica Software on an iMac an error dialog box appears. I have tried a clean install. It didn't help. How do I fix this?

[image]local://upfiles/14732/D19B2440004C49EB9ACFA43D43E300AA.jpg[/image]

Brandy redux -> RE: Elementary Advantage 2009: Java Problem with Britannica Encyclopedia (8/21/2008 11:19:45 PM)

Hi BeachGuy,

When I did a Google search, I found a web site here

Britannica Desktop Encyclopedia 2006

which indicates that the problem you are experiencing is known to also happen with the 2006 version of Britannica Desktop Encyclopedia. See the message on that web site that was posted by pspfawill, where it is said that the underlying cause of this problem is related to an unsupported third-party plug-in that the Britannica application depends upon for rendering articles.

So, if what I suspect is true, it could very well be that the problem was never fixed for the Elementary Advantage 2009 Britannica Encyclopedia that you are trying to install.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4