Transparent Background on t-shirts (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality

crsfulk -> Transparent Background on t-shirts (8/24/2008 11:55:28 AM)

Can you help me change the setting for the background to transparent? I am trying to set-up some t-shirts and when I try to place my design, it shows a white box where the sheet of paper would be.

lindarobin -> RE: Transparent Background on t-shirts (8/24/2008 12:41:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsfulk
... transparent? ...t-shirts ... it shows a white box where the sheet of paper would be.

That's what you want to see. The white box represents your iron-on sheet so you must add your design onto that white box. White prints as "transparent" because there is no such thing as white ink from your printer. Only magenta, cyan, yellow and black.

crsfulk -> RE: Transparent Background on t-shirts (8/24/2008 4:59:40 PM)

Thanks for the info Linda.

If I send the design to a printer like Arts Cafe, will they recognize it the same way? I believe that based on your answer, they will.

lindarobin -> RE: Transparent Background on t-shirts (8/24/2008 9:05:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsfulk
If I send the design to a printer like Arts Cafe, will they recognize it the same way?

You'd first better ask Arts Cafe what file format they require because I'm pretty sure they can't read Print Shop files. Professional industry standard image files are typically PDF, TIF or EPS for vector graphics.

I assume since you mentioned t-shirts, that Arts Cafe prints onto t-shirts - probably not with iron-ons which I had assumed you were making at home. Those businesses can paint white onto dark coloured shirts, so you're going to have to ask THEM how you should represent "no paint" on your design.

lindarobin -> RE: Transparent Background on t-shirts (8/24/2008 9:22:08 PM)

If Arts Cafe does screen printing there are more things to consider i.e. every colour you print needs a separate screen, film and setup. The more colours, the higher your cost. A 2 or 3 colour logo works well, but a photo does not.

Does Arts Cafe provide a downloadable template to ensure that your dimensions, resolution and color settings match theirs?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4