How to import Print Shop 3 files into Print Shop 20? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Export/Import

JDILLARD2 -> How to import Print Shop 3 files into Print Shop 20? (11/24/2008 11:26:37 AM)

I work for a school district. A number of the office staff have been using Print Shop 3 for years. I upgraded one of the staff to Print Shop 20, thinking the older files still should be compatible. But, Print Shop 20 would not open the older files. Can you tell me how I can get them to work?

Thanks

Brandy redux -> RE: How to import Print Shop 3 files into Print Shop 20? (11/24/2008 11:49:07 AM)

Hi JDillard2,

The answer to your question, I'm afraid, is that projects created with Print Shop 3 will not open with Print Shop 20 - because Print Shop 3 uses an entirely different file format, which makes those Print Shop 3 files incompatible with Print Shop 20.

So, if you still have access to Print Shop 3, your only recourse would be to open the Print Shop 3 files, copy the text and graphics from those files, open a project in Print Shop 20 and paste the text and graphics into that project.

JDILLARD2 -> RE: How to import Print Shop 3 files into Print Shop 20? (11/24/2008 12:21:29 PM)

Thanks Brandy,

I do have access to PS3. The only problem is it will not install on this workstation. Do you still have PS3 updates available? maybe I can fix the problem that way?

Brandy redux -> RE: How to import Print Shop 3 files into Print Shop 20? (11/24/2008 4:45:11 PM)

Sorry JDillard2,

Since Print Shop 3 is such an old PS product, which uses an entirely different file format than the current PS products, Broderbund no longer provides any type of support (including updates) for Print Shop 3 anymore.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4