Borderless PDF (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Export/Import

TM -> Borderless PDF (12/3/2008 1:38:44 PM)

I am trying to make and save a project that is borderless. I am unable to change the dashed margins due to my printer, but would like to save it to a pdf without the borders to put on cd and take to be printed. How can I solve this. The pdf always saves up to the dashed border, and cutting off the rest of the pictures I have extended past them. Is there a way to solve this?

lindarobin -> RE: saving borderless (12/3/2008 8:10:02 PM)

Go into your print set up and change the printer to PDF. Then select any options in the PDF printer set up that minimizes/eliminates margins.

When you are ready to create your PDF, print to the PDF printer. Do not "SAVE AS".

lindarobin -> RE: saving borderless (12/3/2008 8:33:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TM
...would like to save it to a pdf without the borders to put on cd and take to be printed.

Some professional printers can't print borderless, so you may want to phone ahead and ask.

Brandy redux -> RE: saving borderless (12/3/2008 8:39:14 PM)

Hi TM,

If you select the Broderbund PDF Converter in File | Printing | Print Setup, you will see that there is no option for minimizing/eliminating the margins - at least, I don't see one in my Broderbund PDF Converter 2.10d. And, after selecting the Broderbund PDF Converter then clicking on OK, you will see that the project will, initially, have borders on all 4 sides of the paper. But, after you either Save As PDF or Print to PDF, the borders should disappear. And, there should be no borders in the *.pdf file.

But, if you download and install the free CutePDF Writer from here - - CutePDF Writer

then select that PDF driver in File | Printing | Print Setup, you will see that the project will never have any borders.

lindarobin -> RE: saving borderless (12/4/2008 1:19:12 AM)

You can also save your project as a high res JPG and simply ask the printer to enlarge it to fill the page without any white border. It's important to allow for a little cropping of the edges in this scenario - i.e. no text at the very edge in case it gets cropped off.

Be aware that a "borderless" PDF is meaningless if the printer does not have borderless capability. The best that can be done in that situation is to "print to printable area". That's what we have to do at my store where we use a $65,000 Xerox DC50 Color Laser printer.

Generally speaking, in the professional printing business, borderless printing is a myth. The design requires "gutters" which are surrounding horizontal and vertical gaps. The final print is cut to size, trimming off the edges for the full bleed look.

For example, here are VistaPrint specs for flyer designs:

[image]local://upfiles/72/98F40E2666B3412AB990AC99CC9D3567.gif[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4