text object copy/paste problems (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality

Mikeupton -> text object copy/paste problems (12/29/2008 1:01:35 PM)

I've made a calendar that has one page for each day along with a facing page using Calendar Creator Platinum.
The facing page has a different quote for each day created with a text object box. When I try to copy the text box
for the next day(s) it doesn't send it to the correct day. Sometimes it works, but at other times it sends it to the wrong
day or it just disappears. My first two months worked OK, but it has gotten worse as I added more quotes.
I've tried different repeat rules, year and month, doesn't make a difference. Any ideas?

Brandy redux -> RE: text object copy/paste problems (12/29/2008 1:43:41 PM)

Hi Mikeupton,

The primary reason why your Text Object boxes are not being placed in the desired days is that Text Object boxes cannot be set to be automatically placed in the desired day. Only Events can be set to be automatically placed in the desired day.

The only function that the Start Date for a Text Object box serves is to place a Text Object box on the desired month.

And, one of the reasons why your Text Object box disappears is because many Text Object boxes will be Pasted over the Text Object box that was Copied - giving the impression that the Text Object box has disappeared.

So, the only way that you can be assured of having a different quote being placed in each day of your calendar would be to either manually create and then position a Text Object box for each day of the calendar OR create an Event for each of the different quotes.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
1.501465E-02