PayPal advice (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Web Pages

deb51PM -> PayPal advice (1/8/2009 1:05:44 PM)

Is PrintMaster Gold 18 compatible with PayPal shopping cart when creating a website?

lindarobin -> RE: Web site creation (1/8/2009 2:06:52 PM)

PrintMaster, by itself, does not add HTML fragments. You do that yourself after you generate the HTML code.

lindarobin -> RE: Web site creation (1/8/2009 2:36:53 PM)

Here is a link to a previous thread about adding pay pal code - - Pay Pal button and code

deb51PM -> RE: Web site creation (1/12/2009 6:25:23 PM)

Thank you very much for all the information, it has been very helpful. I have added the "Add to Cart" buttons through Notepad into my html file but do I understand that now there is no way to save those changes into my work file and that each time I have new items to add to my web site I will have to re-enter all the "Add to Cart" html codes again?

Is there a way to publish to folder only new pages or just pages I have altered rather than the whole file?

lindarobin -> RE: Web site creation (1/12/2009 11:05:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: deb51PM
... do I understand that now there is no way to save those changes into my work file...

That is correct. That additional HTML code cannot be part of the web project file.
quote:

... each time I have new items to add to my web site I will have to re-enter all the "Add to Cart" html codes again?

Probably, but not necessarily. It depends on where you made your changes.

For example:

Let's say your PayPal stuff is on page 5. If you make changes that take place AFTER page 5, there's no need to upload any new web files that have to do with the pages up to page 5.

quote:

Is there a way to publish to folder only new pages or just pages I have altered rather than the whole file?

Yes, but it can get very tricky when you add or delete an image. Case in point: If you add one image on page one, but change nothing else, the program will generate "completely new" files for your entire site. Every image is named in sequential order, so img00009.jpg which was formerly on page 3 and displayed as a button, may now be called img00010.jpg. It's difficult to describe in just a few words. The effect ripples out to the very end so if you don't upload EVERYTHING again, you'll see "distorted" and "misplaced" images throughout your site.

So let's say you add a new image on page one and regenerate the web files. Go ahead and upload just the files that make up page one. View the site.

See what happens?

To correct the mess, you must upload ALL the generated files.

Let's say you add or delete an image on the last page. Go ahead and upload just the files that make up the last page.

See what happens? It looks fine because none of the images got re-numbered prior to the last page.

lindarobin -> RE: Web site creation (1/12/2009 11:21:03 PM)

You could consider making a separate web project for the PayPal page. That way, any changes you make to the "main website" will not affect the PayPal page.

If you make changes to the PayPal page, then you will have to add the PayPal code back in again.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
1.513672E-02