custom cards to fit my specialty envelopes (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality

Busgoddess10 -> custom cards to fit my specialty envelopes (2/20/2009 5:34:42 PM)

I am really getting frustrated and generally just plain ticked off. My issue is the custom paper wizard. The program will not allow me to set up custom cards to fit my specialty envelopes. They never print correctly and yes I do the Print one side at a time.

If someone would help me get this straightened out I would appreciate it immensely.

My envelopes are 7 1/4 wide by 5 1/4 tall.

Do I cut my 8 1/2 x 11 paper down to 7 1/4 x 10 1/2? Then what dimensions do I put into the custom paper wizard?

Help, I am tired of wasting paper and am just about ready to throw the daXXXX software out!

lindarobin -> RE: custom cards to fit my specialty envelopes (2/20/2009 7:31:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Busgoddess10
...My envelopes are 7 1/4 wide by 5 1/4 tall.

Here is the best method for making non-standard size cards for your envelopes.

Cut your paper to 7x10 and set your paper size to the same in your printer setup. Then open a new 2-panel BROCHURE project. This is easier and less trouble than doing a half-fold card with a custom stock.

Tip: make the height = 10; width = 7

lindarobin -> RE: custom cards to fit my specialty envelopes (2/21/2009 12:33:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Busgoddess10
...Do I cut my 8 1/2 x 11 paper down to 7 1/4 x 10 1/2?

Since you are using standard letter size card stock, there is an easy method of making cards that will fit your specialty envelopes without using custom paper.

Leave the default paper size at 8.5x11 and open the half-fold card project, side-fold. Simply keep your design elements closer in to the center. i.e. imagine a top and bottom margin of 3/4" and a side margin of 1/2".

You'll be cutting these margins off after you finish printing. As a bonus, you can achieve the look of "full-bleed" when you print past these margins and then do your trimming.

Don't put text too close to those imaginary margins unless you want it to end up right at the edge.

[image]local://upfiles/72/23CE56A895D24997B733F2EA7B7F054B.gif[/image]

Busgoddess10 -> RE: custom cards to fit my specialty envelopes (2/21/2009 8:10:47 AM)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

After trying a jillion things, It never occurred to me to try the brochure.

After just a tad bit of tweaking, worked flawlessly!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
1.367188E-02